anyone make the soap dipped petals?

pleasureridgecandles

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but, since you use M&P I thought this is where it should go. Have any of you made the soap dipped petals and or leaves? I have everything I need or so I think just need some advise or any tips, trials and errors any of you would like to share. I would like to try this soon, but, time may not allow me to do so with this being the busy season. I have some packages of the silk fall leaves that I'm dying to do with this being fall and all so I hope I can fit it into my schedule. I guess basic things I need to know what temp to heat the M&P to, amount of FO (I know this needs to be skin safe) etc. Any help and or tips you can give I greatly appreciate it!! Thanks!!

Oh and how many did you package in one package and what did you charge. I know this will vary on the location and cost of materials just looking at a rough figure.

It's been a while since I made these so I don't remember how many I put per package but I used cello bags for smaller packages with a hang tag and for larger quantities I used some candle jars that I had discontinued but had some left in stock to use them up.

One thing that helped me was to melt & mix up my MP soap as usual then I poured it into a mini crock pot (link below so you can see what I used). I lucked out & had one in the cabinet from a package deal that I got with my last big crockpot that I never used so it got repurposed but I know I have seen them at local stores too. A friend that does them suggested this to keep the soap warm while dipping to avoid it thickening up as much while you are trying to dip. I also picked up some long handled tweezers to use to dip them and avoid getting finger prints in the soap. Worked very well for me.

http://www.amazon.com/Rival-32041C-16-Ounce-Little-Dipper/dp/B0000CCY14

I used 1/4-1/2 oz per lb of clear soap base, depending on FO streght, and did not color it. The only issue I had was that the deep red petals I had bled color into the soap base so I stopped doing those. I was afraid it would bleed color onto customers or any towels, etc that they had at the sink.