Etsy question

dixiegal

I decided to try my luck on etsy but since I've only sold locally I'm a bit confused about one thing. When setting up for selling it asked me about shipping fees and shipping fees for other countries. Since I have friends in Canada who want to order this is going to come up. Do you charge fees for orders in the US or other countries? If so how do you figure the costs?

yep use USPS.. I've shipped to Sweden, UK, Canada, Australia... I dont calculate the shipping in the listing- I just mention that I do ship international and have them contact me for a quote- that way I know I'm not cheating them or me when I figure it out.

as Kitn said flat rate is really reliable, but.. it can be VERY expensive. I think its around $45 for a medium FRB to Australia, AU is where most of my international orders come from.. its generally much cheaper to ship first class international than flat rate in that case.