so much info not sure where to start

Find a tart wax, KY Candle supply has a para/soy blend that is nice, buy some 1oz fragrance oils,some candle colorants (I use liquid from Tenn. candle supply), a scale, a presto pot (you can get one at walmart) and some glass measuring cups, a ladle and spoons you only use for candle making and some fluted tart forms (you can get these at Bed, Bath & Beyond) or you can get some foil cupcake cups from KY too.

Melt your wax per instructions for your wax in the presto pot , ladle out 16oz of wax into the measuring cup on top of the scale, put in colorant, stir well, pour in 1oz of FO, stir well 1-2 mins , pour into tart forms per temp recommended for the wax you are using, let cool completely, package and cure for 1-2days to a week, put in a tart warmer and enjoy.

You can also buy a tart making kit just look at the different candle making companies and see who sells one. I know Peaks sell a few candle making kits.

Edited by cdesousa5
add something I forgot

Here's any easy way to start ...

* go to www.candlescience.com;

* click on the "learning" link (green area right below the company's name);

* scroll down to the bottom of the page until you see the instructions for making floating candles.

You basically make tarts the same way as floating candles, however, you omit wicking them. Also, If you don't want to use paraffin for tarts/melts, go to the bottom of the page and there will be instructions for soy. Hope this helps. (Check out the "Wickless" link in the Candlemaking Section, you'll find tons of information there.)

Edited by Candlebuddy

The directions for putting a spigot on the presto pot is at www.peakcandlesupply.com scroll down on the left and click on candle tech. Then in the upper right hand corner, the search, type in "presto pot", walaaa it's the best way to do it. They have a ton of info on that site and by the way how much money$$$$ do you have.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:They have kits. That how I got addicted. then you go to Candlemaking addiction .com the 12 step program. Just kidding:laugh2:WELCOME

Soy

Edited by soy327

The directions for putting a spigot on the presto pot is at www.peakcandlesupply.com scroll down on the left and click on candle tech. Then in the upper right hand corner, the search, type in "presto pot", walaaa it's the best way to do it. They have a ton of info on that site and by the way how much money$$$$ do you have.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:They have kits. That how I got addicted. then you go to Candlemaking addiction .com the 12 step program. Just kidding:laugh2:WELCOME

Soy

I am sure once I get started I am going to be an addict. Right now I have no money so I can't get started but I am loving just reading everything here and researching everything. Are the candle kits good to start with?

Yes, especially on a limited budget. Although it may be more convenient to go to Michaels and pick up a few supplies as you can afford it, the results will be disappointing. Better to save up and buy a kit that has quality materials.

Yes, especially on a limited budget. Although it may be more convenient to go to Michaels and pick up a few supplies as you can afford it, the results will be disappointing. Better to save up and buy a kit that has quality materials.

What kits would you recommend?

• 1 month later...