Fundraising, do you offer incentives?

candles4ever

We have done a couple of school fund raisers and on our very first one we offered a limo ride to lunch for the top 5 sellers. We were excited about our first fund raiser and wanted to try and get everyone motivated to sell. The limo was only like $150 for the hour so it wasn't too bad, and we did have a really good fund raiser. The next couple we decided no limo ride... and we did pretty much the same thing in sales. So, no more incentives coming from us. If you have a good product that people like, then you won't have to worry about incentives to make sales, I always let the PTO handle that from now on. You already will have a lot on your plate trying to keep up with all of the orders, so just stick with what you do best, and make candles!

You know... when I was in school and doing fundraiser type selling it was generally through those big companies that offered the cheapo prizes.. that we would all get SOOOOOO excited about winning, even though we could have bought them from the store for practically nothing- the dollar store even:rolleyes2

So I'm using that... and I am going to give away an MP3 player to the top seller, gift cards to the top 3, and probably call that good. In the past I've only done fundraiser tables, so im not much help on what does or doesnt work, but i think kids get motivated by a prize.. I know I always did. I never bothered to hike from house to house and try and sell when there wasnt a prize involved- i lived in the country, no way I was hiking a mile to be told no unless there was something good to win:laugh2: