glycerin dew problem

rcrafty

I created some tedius soaps and they new have glycerin dew on them. I had put a portion of the soap in the fridge to speed it up and I am sure that is what caused it. I have wiped off the dew and re-wrapped them but will the dew just keep on coming back after a few days?

I made some ice cube sized pumpkins and skulls last night and wasn't able to get them wrapped. Of course today it is pouring rain and so humid now they are sweating. What can I use to wipe them off with damaging/scratching them? I do have little cello bags to put them in them, I plan to put 4 of them in it.

Here they are pre-dew!

SDC13999.jpg

Edited by tracey11474

I have tried to narrow down why only 1 part of my soap had the dew problem, the only thing I could come up with was that part was colored with mica and the rest with liquid colorants. I re-did a few and didn't use the mica and just used a liquid color and the dew has not returned so far but only time will tell.

I opened the soaps that had dew on them back up and wiped them with a paper towel and then re-wrapped them again. The dew is not as bad but still a little has come back. So frustrating.

pops1, excellent tip!! Can't imagine how many of those I've thrown away over the years, and then last year when I had a big order that I made up in advance, I bought silica for preserving flowers and put little bags of it in the boxes before storing that soap and it worked well.