Zen Cart, X-Cart... what's the difference???

Blest2BAmerican

I have used Mals ecommerce - Didn't like it

Agora Cart - Better features, but not real user friendly

ZenCart - What I use now and I love it. It allows for real time USPS, UPS and FedEx shipping ( I use USPS ) And it has a coupon/redemption code feature that is awesome! Out of the ones I have tried, this one seems to be the best/easiest for me any way. JMHO

They all do the job, some just better or differently than others. I have tried Zen and Os Commerce, and have found that Os Commerce gives me a lot more flexibility and add on scripts than Zen, so better suited for my situation. No one product is going to give you everything that you are looking for and I have found that I have still had to either modify or write additional code to make my site work the way that I want it to, and I am still not finished with it.

Sometimes creating your site can be more work than making your products, and can also be very time consuming.

That's for sure! I've spent many late, bleary-eyed hours at the computer, and I finally decided on a cart from Auction Inc. I looked at Mal's and Zen and both seemed to require knowledge of code, which I lack, and I was SO TIRED of looking at so many options. I started with the PayPal free cart but it wouldn't do the shipping I wanted or allow me to even give options (it said it did, but it would default to the cheapest method every time). I still do payments through PayPal.

Auction Inc is $9.95/mo, which I really balked at, but after I set it up (it gives you a 2 week free trial) and found that when I called support, I actually got a person who was actually very helpful and patient--I love it. I was able to generate the Add to Cart buttons (they give you lots of options to pick buttons that look good with your site) with my entire list of fragrances without having to mess with any code other than copy & paste. It lets me have real-time USPS shipping and also offer a Free Local Delivery option. I'm sure it has other groovy options that I haven't even discovered; I'm just happy that it does what I want for now!

I feel your pain and have asked a million questions of the patient people of this wonderful community. This solution works for me; good luck with your search!

Terri

http://greenglowcandles.com