Has anybody tried scenting seaglass?

rebeccajo99

I'm looking for some more wickless air freshener ideas. I needed to place an order at candles and supplies, so I took a peak at what they had in line of wickless ideas. I found these seaglass things and it said you can use them by themselves. Has anybody tried them? Here is the link.

http://newcart.candlesandsupplies.com/Store/Products/Candles/PID-SEAG-M.aspx

Thanks in advance

no biggy, I was actually looking for aroma beads, but they were out of stock. Saw the smelly jelly stuff and the seaglass and I liked the look of the seaglass. Found a bunch of posts on the smelly jelly's, but didn't find anything on the seaglass.

Debating on just trying the smelly jelly stuff, but I didn't like the posts about the mold and that it just didn't seem to let off much scent. So, i'm second guessing myself on even trying it. All of my reed diffusers are about gone, so now it the perfect time to make up a few scents to start testing. Maybe I'll just wait until I need to order supplies again from any of my suppliers and see if they offer aroma beads. Decisions Decisions... oh how I hate making decisions :)

I get my aroma beads from NG. They are great from there. On the lines of sea glass, have you tried using rock salt? You can color it too to make it pretty. Is it saltworks.com that you can buy huge sizes of the salt. I made some of the rocks with just dendritic salt, fo, and the rocksalt. I have one on my desk here and the smell is fantastic. I actually have a storebought diffuser on my desk that has ZERO smell, but my salt rocks are great! Totally outshine the diffuser. Just a thought since you were looking for new air freshner ideas!

Luminous,

I have not started testing the aroma beads yet. I was going to this summer, but when my husband got diagnosed with cancer... that went out the window as I didn't have time with all of the doctor appointments and then recovering from surgery. By the time I got around to testing anything July was almost over and I wasn't finished testing bath bomb yet. Still not done with lotion bars or bath bombs, but figured I could at least work on the air fresheners since I need more in my house anyways.

Laura,

Your idea sounds very interesting. I will have to look into that. I agree, I was not impressed with my store bought reed diffusers. My mom loves them and wants me to start making them, but I'm not impressed.

I get my aroma beads from NG. They are great from there. On the lines of sea glass, have you tried using rock salt? You can color it too to make it pretty. Is it saltworks.com that you can buy huge sizes of the salt. I made some of the rocks with just dendritic salt, fo, and the rocksalt. I have one on my desk here and the smell is fantastic. I actually have a storebought diffuser on my desk that has ZERO smell, but my salt rocks are great! Totally outshine the diffuser. Just a thought since you were looking for new air freshner ideas!

I got curious so I went looking and just wanted to correct that it's not saltworks.com, it's saltworks.us (Don't you love all the different website endings out there? :rolleyes2 )

Thanks for the heads up!

that site is utter nonsense.

sea glass is NOT a porous glass-like rock found in the ocean. it's glass that's been tumbled around in an ocean or other water body until it's eroded and smoothed out. i'm sure it can be made by tumbling glass around in water in a machine - but it's not a "glass-like rock".

and either they aren't selling glass or it's not porous...