Wax question

Alpha1477

I'm using IGI4641A as well as IGI4636A to make tarts. Right now, I am mixing the wax 50/50. The tarts (Clamshells) look good, come out of the package good and smell good. However, when I melt them, the wax does not melt completely. Am I doing something wrong? Are other waxes melting completely? Is anyone else using these waxes? Does the KY tart wax melt completely? Lots of questions... Thanks!:rolleyes2

HI Welcome :)

Your problem may depend on a few things. First your votive wax 4641 has a melt point of 152*, which is higher than some votive waxes. I use IGI 4794 votive wax in my blend and that has a melt point of 128*.

Or perhaps your warmer isn't getting warm enough. Try using less of your votive wax to see if that helps. Clamshells are fun and easy to make aren't they!

HI Welcome :)

Your problem may depend on a few things. First your votive wax 4641 has a melt point of 152*, which is higher than some votive waxes. I use IGI 4794 votive wax in my blend and that has a melt point of 128*.

Or perhaps your warmer isn't getting warm enough. Try using less of your votive wax to see if that helps. Clamshells are fun and easy to make aren't they!

I also use this same wax and was wondering how long your tarts & clamshells scent last? Some of mine will smell for maybe 2 days and my new ones I recently poured with the new scents from the 99c sale at AH/RE only smell for about 2 hours after completely melted. I'm having trouble with different scents. I melt to the required 175 degrees then add my fo and stir about 2 minutes and pour immediately. Does that sound right to you? Thanks for any help!

I haven't used 4794 by itself for tarts, I mix it with soy. I add my FO at 190* or a little more and then pour when cooled down to around 140. One little tart cube will last me at least 8 hours (often longer) depending which warmer I have it in. They last longer in the Plug-in warmers, about 2+ days. Plug-in warmers have a 15 watt bulb, whereas my large warmer has a 25 watt bulb. I have never used any of AH/RE oils so I can't advise you there. I only use Candle Science, Peak, KY & ICS for oils. HTH!