Any other butters that melt on contact...?

Guest PassionSunKiss

Tucuma butter is lovely. the meting point is 83-97 (not sure why such a wide range). I have some ultra refined from Biochemica right here - and for me, it seems firmer than coconut oil, but has that same short melt point which means it melts from solid to liquid in the blink of an eye. It's a lot like coconut oil in that respect, but richer.

My cocoa butter is unrefined and very hard. I always have to soften it. It is my favorite butter on earth. I love the smell, the feel, the results... I guess I am NOT hot blooded though, because it never melts on my skin. I just tried it with no luck. :(

I actually find most butters I have ever worked with do melt on skin contact. Some just a little quicker than others.

Second this. Shea, aloe, avocado, kokum, almond, etc - all seem to melt into skin beautifully. I adore cocoa butter (I use natural cocoa butter), and it is my favorite butter to use in lotion bars and body butters because it melts so nicely as you massage it in. Maybe soften it up a bit with some oils. It feels all greasy and decadent. Right now I am in love with a kokum, hemp butter blend, and virgin coconut oil combo. It melts instantly but isn't greasy - my skin is left so soft.

Guest PassionSunKiss
Second this. Shea, aloe, avocado, kokum, almond, etc - all seem to melt into skin beautifully. I adore cocoa butter (I use natural cocoa butter), and it is my favorite butter to use in lotion bars and body butters because it melts so nicely as you massage it in. Maybe soften it up a bit with some oils. It feels all greasy and decadent. Right now I am in love with a kokum, hemp butter blend, and virgin coconut oil combo. It melts instantly but isn't greasy - my skin is left so soft.

Have you experienced avocado butter leaving a greasy after feel? I fell in love with an emulsified butter recipe that calls for kokum butter and shea (I use shealoe as a sub). The combo doesnt leave a greasy after feel, but im totally out of kokum. All I have is shea, cocoa, shealoe, mango, and avocado.