Nose rest

Ok, I think it's time to give it a rest. I've been making tarts every single day, using a variety of different FOs, now I'm at the point I don't smell a thing so I give all my new "creations" an F.

Melted older tarts that I know for a fact are very strong and throw like crazy, and guess what? Can't smell a thing!

Do any of you take breaks? And if so, how long? Going out and then back into the house does not do a thing for me, guess the old nose is really saturated....:sad2: Help!

yes, I only test 2 scents max a month for my melts. When I was trying to get them on my line, I did a lot more (about 1 a week), but now that I have some... I only do 2 a month. If I still give them a F (as you say :)), then I pass them to friends to test for me.

This is what I do for a test

I pour a scent or two and let it cure for a week.

Test 1 of the scents then wait a week before testing the next. If any fail, I wait 2 weeks before trying them again. If they fail the second time, then I pass them to friends.

Hope that helps

Yes, it does help, Rebecca. I have been pouring at least 3 different FOs a day for the past 2 weeks :shocked2:.... no wonder.

will definately take your advice. As much as I'm tempted to go back to my cauldron right now, I will not. Test nothing, mix nothing for 3 days at least!

Thank you all for the suggestions. I must give it a rest and sniff a lot of strong ground coffee. This morning I melted Lemongrass, then a few hours later I tried Raspberry brulee. I know they are very, very strong throwers, but I could barely smell them.

Maybe I'll take a Dixie cup, fill it with coffee beans, put a rubber band on it, wear it with an air of importance (like I'm doing some very serious research) and go about my daily business ... hubby will find it quite sexy, you think? :laugh2:

Ravens,

Great sense of humor.

Hubby will like you with a coffee nose, but probably will like you more with a cup in hand for him that is brewed European style (not our weak American coffee). Whatever the recipe you read on a label, double it for real coffee.

That said, I'm back to sniffing my blood pressure candle. Ylang Ylang, Clary Sage, Lavender, all genuine and expensive EO's.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. That's the candle nose that I like.

EricofAZ, sounds like you enjoy the (much) stronger european coffee, and so do we! My italian grandmother always said that, "coffee in this Country looks and tastes like chestnuts water..." LOL She liked to remind us that coffee should be dark as the night, sweet as your first love and hot as hell.

Blood pressure candles, eh? I should try blood pressure tarts, might do me some good.