Grapeseed Oil

ProudMarineMom

What was on the label (sometimes you find a blend listed)?

Is there a preservative of some kind, even Vit E in it? - it has a short shelf life.

Where manufactured or where is the source?

Yes, this is a wonderful B&B oil but make sure that if you buy in volume, you know what you are using it for as it cannot sit long. I buy it mainly for my oatmeal facial bars so it I make big batches so it does not sit.

HTH!

Thank you for the suggestions on what to check and I'll take a look at that information. I was with DH and he wasn't in the mood for lingering yesterday. He pretty much power-walked Costco. He's almost a foot taller than I am, so hard to keep up sometimes.

Did read somewhere it had a short shelf-life and something like Vitamin E could help extend that. I was more concerned that if it was processed further, or differently, to make it food grade, some of the good properties would be gone. Like you said, I think I really need to read the label, see what information it provides.

Appreciate the info.

J

I use grapeseed oil from the grocer and love it. I keep in the fridge and use it for cooking too. I figure the grape seed oil from suppliers is old stuff and is not sealed as the store bought stuff is. Grape seed oil is so good, I prefer it to any other cooking oil and is said to be much better for you and your skin. I don't have a Costco by me but have a Sams, wonder if they have it?

Thanks so much for all of the information. I really appreciate it. Although it has a limited shelf life, I think I would still save on shipping buying it from Costco or the grocery store. Even if some does go to waste.

Might have to try it for cooking. Does it give any type of flavor to the food?

Thanks so much for all of the information. I really appreciate it. Although it has a limited shelf life, I think I would still save on shipping buying it from Costco or the grocery store. Even if some does go to waste.

Might have to try it for cooking. Does it give any type of flavor to the food?

No flavor, it's a very lite oil with a high smoke temp. And the shelf life is very long with the grocery type. Works great for dipping oil. You'll love it.

Thanks Sharon! Just googled it some and it's also a heart healthy oil that helps to lower cholesterol. I'll have to get my husband to use it. His numbers were up, so he is trying to adjust his diet.

Found two different smoke point temps, one 425 another 485. Either is still pretty high. We bought one of those Butterball electric turkey fryers last year. Will have to try the Grapeseed for that as well. Versatile little oil...