flash Point vs wick

Hi I have been thinking and wondering lately about flash points. I am by no means a science expert .... but I have been wanting to know if anyone sees a corrilation between flashpoint and wicking. For example Cinnamon Sticks has a FP of >200 and I use a bigger wick and then Fantasy is very light and only has FP of 170 and I wick down. Are these just a coincidence or is this a guide that I can use when having trouble. Or maybe I am just crazy all together and way tired. Just looking for input and thoughts.

TIA

I know that vanilla tends to be a more viscous fragrance oil. Lone Star Candle Supply shows an FP of >200 for all of their vanilla-based scents. That supports your theory.

Also, I found a scent called White Pepper that has a flash point of >212. If this requires wicking up then I'd say you certainly do have something there.

P.S. What the heck is a white pepper, anyway?

What the heck is a white pepper, anyway?

It's really the same as black pepper, except the "peppercorn" is picked much later than for black pepper, resulting in a milder flavor. It is then essentialy peeled before being ground for use. The resulting grounds are much finer.

Wow...a pepper expert as well.

Actually, the "white pepper" scent from Lone Star is apparently something that has nothing to do with any kind of pepper:

"Top notes of orange, tangerine, and green ivy and middle notes of cinnamon bark, clove and jasmine blend into a base of birch wood, cedar, and musk."

Regardless, it may very well be a wick clogger.

"Vermont Maple Syrup" sounds like it could be a viscous fragrance oil...and it is. FP of >200 and it contains vanilla as well.

Gotta be a correlation between FP and wick size....just gotta.

While it sounds like a plausible theory, I don't really think it's accurate. Though I'm no scientist by any means. I went and looked at Pekas site, since most of mine are from there. A good many of the fos have flash points of 200 or above. A couple I noticed that I'm very familiar with are Lilac and Love Spell, neither of which do I have to wick up on. Also if the flashpoint was an indicator, I would think some of them with a fp of say 160, you'd have to wick down from one thats at 180. Hmmm..