4794 Wax Users?

I was looking for opinions on those that use 4794. I only make tarts (and only for myself so the appearance is not terribly important). I am mainly looking for the best scent throw possible. I have read that a lot of you use about a 70/30% 4794/soy combo, or 70/30% 4794/container wax combo. Does adding either soy or container wax only help the appearance (to avoid re-pours) or does it help improve the scent throw as well? Would I get a better scent throw from using straight 4794 or by combining with either soy or container if appearance doesnt matter? All opinions welcomed.

Thanks

I just use straight 4794 for votives. Never added anything to it and always have to do a repour. I was using it for tarts also, until I found the awesome KY Parasoy blend. Now I use that granulated wax because it has amazing scent throw, but also because it is fun to work with...and smells yummy to me even without any FO in it! :)

When you were using it for tarts, did you find that the throw was pretty good? I had always been under the impression that paraffin had a more intense hot throw and lasted longer, so I am hesitant to add soy, but it seems that a lot of people do add a little soy to their paraffin. I guess I will just have to try it both ways and see which I like best.

Thanks for the input.

:confused:I use the 4794 for my tarts/melts and the throw is great for only a couple of hours. Then the scents gone and I have to add another tart. I'm hoping to sell these to friends who are asking me to but I can't understand why so many sellers say theirs last for a long time and mine doesn't. My sister-in-law currently buys Scentsy blocks for her melter and says they last a couple of weeks. How can that be? Would appreciate any suggestions.

I didn't really care for 4794 wax for tarts. I thought the scent throw was lite and didn't last long. I know a lot swear by it but it just wasn't for me. I use KY's votive/tart wax or I use JS 50/50 votive wax for tarts. HTH

Thanks Cindy, I think I will try another wax and I've heard good things about this wax. Thanks!

• 3 months later...
I just use straight 4794 for votives. Never added anything to it and always have to do a repour. I was using it for tarts also, until I found the awesome KY Parasoy blend. Now I use that granulated wax because it has amazing scent throw, but also because it is fun to work with...and smells yummy to me even without any FO in it! :)

Have you tried the Kentucky wax in votives? I'm curious why you bother with 2 different waxes?

Have you tried the Kentucky wax in votives? I'm curious why you bother with 2 different waxes?

I have tried the Kentucky wax in votives, but didn't like it. Besides, I live closer to Peak and order the 4794 by the case. I don't even sell yet, but I make votives all the time. Shipping is high enough with Peak being only one state away! lol

I have tried the Kentucky wax in votives, but didn't like it. Besides, I live closer to Peak and order the 4794 by the case. I don't even sell yet, but I make votives all the time. Shipping is high enough with Peak being only one state away! lol

Hi! Have you tried blending some straight soy with the 4794 for tarts? It works very well! KY's tart wax is 50/50 paraffin & soy. I see you have a case of 4794 already, all you need now is a little soy to try it. :)

Hi! Have you tried blending some straight soy with the 4794 for tarts? It works very well! KY's tart wax is 50/50 paraffin & soy. I see you have a case of 4794 already, all you need now is a little soy to try it. :)

I think once or twice I mixed a little of the 4794 with the KY Parasoy if I was short for a batch. Doubt if I remember which batch of tarts I did that with, though. LOL Next time I order from Peak, I will get some straight soy. Will any soy work? TIA :)