Letter's to congress

rebeccajo99

Thanks

So far I have e-mailed it to my congressmen, senators and 2 other congressmen. I've been going down the list and seeing which ones will still allow e-mails from people out of their district.

I will do the wh too. I think you may be right, which isn't good:sad2:

Not to burst anyone's bubble but going to Washington when the place is empty and meeting with staffers who really couldn't care less and don't even know what they are talking about is not a good sign. I'm afraid that it is too little too late...

http://indiebeauty.com/ has a video posted on you Tube about the data base for safe cosmetics I don't see how any small business can survive a review by these people.

It is sad because a lot of people are going to be out of business in this bad economy but who cares...as long as our elected officials keep getting their paychecks everything will be fine.

Not to burst anyone's bubble but going to Washington when the place is empty and meeting with staffers who really couldn't care less and don't even know what they are talking about is not a good sign. I'm afraid that it is too little too late...

http://indiebeauty.com/ has a video posted on you Tube about the data base for safe cosmetics I don't see how any small business can survive a review by these people.

It is sad because a lot of people are going to be out of business in this bad economy but who cares...as long as our elected officials keep getting their paychecks everything will be fine.

Who said anything about going to Washington right now? Actually, with them being on recess is the perfect time to talk to them. They are home in thier own districts to talk to people who cannnot afford to go to Washington to talk to them. So, request a meeting with your reps, show them the examples, get them educated.

It is NOT to late, this bill has only been proposed. It isn't to late until it gets voted on and passed and signed into law. We need to keep fighting until it arrives on the Presidents desk to be signed into law.

So don't get discouraged, keep hope and get your voice heard!!!!

Who said anything about going to Washington right now? Actually, with them being on recess is the perfect time to talk to them. They are home in thier own districts to talk to people who cannnot afford to go to Washington to talk to them. So, request a meeting with your reps, show them the examples, get them educated.

It is NOT to late, this bill has only been proposed. It isn't to late until it gets voted on and passed and signed into law. We need to keep fighting until it arrives on the Presidents desk to be signed into law.

Totally agree!!! NO ONE should give up on this. If you care about yor business then make your voice heard!

check out scented's thread titled "here it comes again" (i think i got that right).

at the bottom of the the first page is info about a petition to sign. everyone who makes or buys "our" stuff should sign it. you can also add a comment.

of course we should also all send letters to all the sponsers, as well as our state senators and representatives. in my comment on the petition i wrote that if this is what the democratic party, supposedly the party of the little guy, has become it's time for me to rethink my party affiliation. i signed the petition the same day obama was in new jersey rallying support for his small business bill. talk about irony!

ei

My point exactly...I live 50 miles away from DC, so yes it is empty...

Didn't I read something on this board and other web site about these ladies (can't remember their names) who just went to DC a few weeks ago to represent the industry??? http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92790

check out scented's thread titled "here it comes again" (i think i got that right).

at the bottom of the the first page is info about a petition to sign. everyone who makes or buys "our" stuff should sign it. you can also add a comment.

of course we should also all send letters to all the sponsers, as well as our state senators and representatives. in my comment on the petition i wrote that if this is what the democratic party, supposedly the party of the little guy, has become it's time for me to rethink my party affiliation. i signed the petition the same day obama was in new jersey rallying support for his small business bill. talk about irony!

ei

I agre ei. I signed the petition and I have been telling people to sign it too. I also tell them reason's why I'm against the bill as written, so they are not signing something that they may be actually in favor of. However, after I tell them my reasons, they are totally against it too :)

My family are huge Republicans. I always say I'm independant because I never vote a party line or pay attention to what party somebody is (you should have seen my November election ballet :laugh2:) I just research everybody running and vote for whom I feel is going to be the best for our country/state. I usually get yelled at for doing it that way, but I don't care. I tell them that I vote for whom I feel is going to be the best for our country/state. I was taught that is how you are supposed to vote. They say "yes, but you need to vote for somebody who has a chance at winning" I just say... fine, vote that way if you want, but please don't complain or say "I have to pick between these 2 evils" because there is almost ALWAYS more than 2 people running :) (OK, enough about my politcal views)

Back to the topic at hand. Just get the word out, sign petitions and get your voice heard. I'll keep saying that over and over. (Its like saying just test, test and test again :))

Who said anything about going to Washington right now?

A small group of people, who represented the industry the last time this bill was going around, did go to Washington. They did make a presentation to staffers of the ones who are behind this bill etc.

I know my representative just made it to the Nov. elections for senate. I need to voice my concern to every one of them running for a seat on anything.

The bill is in circulation and up for consideration. When? Who knows. Maybe when they reconvene. Maybe not. It's only too late when the damn thing passes and until then ... get out there, be heard, pass the word and keep going. Not many of us can do what others have been able to do, but we can sure help them from where we are and we can sure establish local campaigns and we can sure pester the daylights out of our representatives. Remember last time something like this went through ... the common reply was, "we had no idea."

Pretty much put it in your head that they still have no idea, because in reading the blogs on this ... the staffers ... "Had no idea."