Do you gift Thank-you gifts to your testers?

I'm about done getting things put together to give out my lotion bars to testers. Do you ever give a Thank-you gift to those that complete the testing? Like a coupon for so much off or something.

I just don't know if letting them keep the unused samples is intising enough to finish the testing in time. I had issues with people getting back to me in time when I sent out my soaps for testing.

It takes a little bit to get good testers. People sometimes don't understand what a "tester" is and why they are important to you. They also don't understand that you need the info when you say you need it. Sometimes it takes a few tries to find the right people. I asked the therapists where I go for acupuncture, to be testers, they are wonderful at it.. I had gone through friends and family before I asked them.

It takes a little bit to get good testers. People sometimes don't understand what a "tester" is and why they are important to you. They also don't understand that you need the info when you say you need it. Sometimes it takes a few tries to find the right people. I asked the therapists where I go for acupuncture, to be testers, they are wonderful at it.. I had gone through friends and family before I asked them.

I agree. Finding good testers is very difficult. People are happy to promise but then life gets in the way. You have to go through a lot of people to get your little test group.

You have to go through a lot of people to get your little test group.

At first I used to hand out samples at the craft fairs with my business card (with the questions about scent throw on the back) and asked them to call me back ... handed out over 50 and got not one response.

Now I hand out the business cards to large purchasers and ask them to call if they want to be a tester. Out of 30 cards 4 called back and have been very committed testers. No more freebies to try to get testers! But if one of the aromas is a big hit with a tester I will give them another one when I send out a new testing batch.

My best testers are my reps. They love to know what is coming down the pike and if they love it - the sell it better. They don't want me making scents that don't throw, cuz they won't be able to move it. If I am testing for a supplier, or if I feel my reps can't be impartial (inclined to be over critical) I have a group of testers that have been with me for almost 4 years. We have an arrangement - they get a candle a month for every month they test - but they have to fill out a questionaire for each and make sure the candle gets to the next tester in line, it's a job - they have a responsibility to me, as I have to the suppliers I test for - so they get compensated. Works out good for me, they get the "candle scent of the month" which odds are they have tested and if they don't like it they can gift it - sell it - I care not.