Question for IGI 4786 Users

I have been testing several new waxes over the past month or so as I have moved and want to find a local supplier. I had decided on the 6006, however now that I bought a case I am beginning to think the 4786 has a better scent throw, both hot and cold. I liked the 6006 becuase it is so easy to use, but I am just not safisified with the throw I am getting. I lit one of the testers back up from the 4786 and it just smells so much stronger than all the 6006 testers I am burning. The main reason reasons I decided against the 4786 is because it seemed to me to burn up really quickly. The candles smelled good, but burned quicker than any other wax I can remember. Does anyone elses feel this way, or am I just imagining this??? Also have you tried adding anything to slow the burn down a bit? I was thinking of adding about 5% soy, maybe even less. Has anyone ever tried adding soy or anything else to increase the burn time? If so what are your findings on that? Any help will be appreciated. I tried the 4630 as well, but it seemed to smoke more, and I still think the throw is better from the 4786. I have tried LOTS of different scents as well.

I use 4786 for my container candles (jjs) and love it!:yay: I dont have any problem with it burning too quickly. What size wick are you using with this wax? I use zinc cored.....usually the 44-24-18 and a 51-24-18 on thicker scents like vanillas. Hopefully someone else can help with other reasons yours are burning too quickly.

Pam

I use 4786 for standard width 8 oz jelly jars with 44-24-18Z wick (same as YooperCandles). I get good cold and hot throw and do not find that it burns up too quickly. My 8 oz jar lasts about 50 hrs which I thought was a long time. At least, it felt like forever, when I was testing it. I have not tried 6006 or 4630 so can't give a comparison.

Hi,,I use 4786 a lot and I like it,,,The cold/hot throw is great! I use 8 oz widemouth Kerr jars with a 44-32-18z and use 16 oz wide mouth kerr jars with a 51-32-18z,,,Now if using Vanilla I go to a 60-44-18z. In my 26oz container I also use the 60-44-18z and again as long its not vanilla, then I would go to 62-52-18z,,,,

I have mixed the J223 and the J225 with 4786 and it was great,,I have not done any soy yet,,,I am getting ready to try the samples from Golden Blends,,,HTH,,,