Aroma Beads

Sharon in KY

Well I decided to try the beads in one of my silicone molds. Have it in a 350* oven and it's going to be a thick one. It's a wreath with a red ribbon design. It sure stinks, Christmas tree scent, hope it doesn't scent my oven. Going to try and melt it kinda smooth. Timer went off but it's still bumpy, think I'll let it set in there with the oven off for awhile. Anyone else tried the silicone molds for the beads?

Turned out great, the mold was hot when I took it out so be sure it's on a baking sheet. Took awhile to cool off cause the mold held the heat. The reason I tried it is because I don't have any cookie cutter anymore. Gave them all away. The problem is I don't have any other larger silicone molds. Mine are all tiny fruit and nuts. So I will probable just put the beads in a bag.

But if you do, give it a try. Poked a roofing nail through the bottom of the mold so I would have a hole. Has all the details of the mold, poured the mold full of beads and it did melt down some but it looks like just the right thickness. HTH

I have had good success using the wilton rubber molds too. Hearts, stars, leaves, pumpkins and such. I just got so frustrated with the cooking cutters b/c it was so hard to pop the melted beads out. I used to always ruin the cutters. with the rubber molds they just pop right out. I actually stopped doing this about a year and a half ago b/c I noticed where there is a steam out let on the front of my stove under the knobs, the enamel actually started coming off. It got me worried about what else could get ruined. I am considering trying to do this again but in an old toaster oven.

I have had good success using the wilton rubber molds too. Hearts, stars, leaves, pumpkins and such. I just got so frustrated with the cooking cutters b/c it was so hard to pop the melted beads out. I used to always ruin the cutters. with the rubber molds they just pop right out. I actually stopped doing this about a year and a half ago b/c I noticed where there is a steam out let on the front of my stove under the knobs, the enamel actually started coming off. It got me worried about what else could get ruined. I am considering trying to do this again but in an old toaster oven.

I'll have to check theirs out, but not till I get a toaster oven. Just don't like putting things in my oven. I do have a Roaster, if they fit in there I'll give it a try. My friend got some silicone molds from the Dollar store. Wonder if they would work? She got them for M&P soap but they are a little big for bars. Thanks for the info...

I just got so frustrated with the cooking cutters b/c it was so hard to pop the melted beads out. I used to always ruin the cutters. with the rubber molds they just pop right out. I actually stopped doing this about a year and a half ago b/c I noticed where there is a steam out let on the front of my stove under the knobs, the enamel actually started coming off. It got me worried about what else could get ruined. I am considering trying to do this again but in an old toaster oven.

I make them all the time w/cookie cutters & have never had issues w/them not popping out. I usually stick mine in the freezer for about 5 mins. after they melt and they pop right off. I also line my pan w/non-stick foil and they slide off w/no problem.