Packaging question

katshe

Ok I am changing my packaging to clear low profile jars and I am wondering how you all label these type jars.

Products will be body scrub, body butter, eye cream, face mask.

Thinking about doing some shampoo, cond, and lotion in clear bottles as well.

My products will be natural, paraben free and detergent free.( as natural as possible )if that helps.

Do you use waterproof labels?

Inkjet or Laser printer?

Do you label sides or just put label on tops??

I have some low profile jars for certain products and I use two address labels. One on the front of the jar with my brand name/product name and one on the back with the scent/ingredients.

I definitely suggest the weatherproof labels for anything that could get wet or oily! I also print my labels from my ink jet printer.

Hope that helps!

thanks micayla, Yes waterproof is important in these products but that limits to just white labels...I was thinking clear but i will have to rethink my label.

Also I currently have waterproof label on body scrub but it smears when used in the shower ...I am thinking it is the oils in the scrub.

I read somewhere that you can spray with a sealer...I havent tried this yet but I will test it out. I currently have weatherproof labels from online labels that smear when used on the body scrub jars so maybe a sealer would work...i am thinking of labeling the tops of the jars so you can still see whats inside.

I have taped the labels before but forgot this batch and my customer let me know it was smearing.

Edited by katshe

I use the weatherproof ones with my ink jet printer and then spray them with a matte sealer from the craft store. The sealer I use is good for sealing charcoal drawings so it worked well with my labels.

I had the problem of my ink scratching off, but this solved it.