BC Woodwicks vs LS Woodwicks

I am contemplating trying wood wicks and was looking at Lonestar's wood wicks and Bittercreeks woodwicks. Its hard to tell from the pictures but I think they are different. Bittercreek suggests using two (double) woodwicks in soy candles where as Lonestar makes no mention of this.

Does anyone know for certain whether they are the same or different? And if they are different which is preferable for soy wax?

Thanks!

I haven't ordered wood wicks from either of these companies so I'm only going to guess here...

The wood wicks at Lonestar appear to be the same kind supplied by Unity Wood Wicks. This type is the most common wooden wick available thru the candle making suppliers. The Unity wicks come with two pieces of wood bound together, which is what the Lonestar graphic is showing.

The wood wicks at Bittercreek are something I haven't seen before. Definitely a different design than what Unity has been providing. They have more widths and longer lengths, and a better-designed wick clip IMO. Their wick design is to use a single piece of wood (not two bound together like Unity) with the option to double-up, giving you more flexibility in matching wick size to container size. I gotta admit, I'm kinda impressed.

I think I will be ordering some of the Bittercreek to try in my soy.

Thanks for the question :)

Susan

• 2 months later...

I made my first wood wick and am soooo excited! The wicks came from Lonestar as well as the libby glass. I used 75% IGI 4633/25% GB464, CS Strawberry Shortcake FO @ 1 oz per pound, large wicks, 12 oz status jars. There was only one wet spot on one jar, and no repours needed. The scent throw is great for a fruity scent and there is a nice light crackling sound. My hubster is trying to calm me down(keep jumping around living room muting sportscenter) but he likes it really well too! :yay:

• 3 weeks later...