Search failed, melt mold search help

Aileene

I've been searching all over (this site, google and every other place I can think of). I've been to nearly every candle supply company from the BIG to the smaller outfits.

I am searching for two things: 1. a scallop tart mold that holds just about to just under 2 oz wax (bigger than the ones I am finding everywhere, from hobby shops to wholesale candle suppliers)

and 2. a cello or poly bag to fit this tart and then fold over top to 'stick' not the zip lock style ones.

In my searches I've come across a few who are selling this size (very few actually) and only one seller/retailer that is selling this size tart in that specific bag, but no suppliers are showing up for either.

So either my search words aren't specific (or general) enough or I just don't know, but I've been searching for these since around April and finally have to ask if anyone knows where they might be found online.

The stores in the area here (large though it is) seem to cater more to hobbyists over those who want to sell.

I have one product ready for my opening in September and I'm currently filling word of mouth orders around my area with my tested wax & the FO's that made the cut, but would like to have another 'product' style just for variety, if that makes sense.

(the 1 oz oval cups are what I currently make, so that is why the larger scallops are what I am looking for w/ the nice simple packaging...simple if I can ever find it lol)

Sorry for letting this get so long, just frustrated I guess. I bolded the questions for those that don't want to read my mini rant/explanations lol,

Thanks in advance,

--Aileene

We picked up jars at Makes Scents in Columbus Ohio and they had tart molds that they told me held 2 ounces.

Their website is not updated..they said they webmaster stopped working on it and won't give passwords and they are in the midst of making a new one so I would call and place the order to double check pricing :)

http://www.makesscentscandles.com/shopping/molds.html

Thanks so much, that gives me my first decent lead since I started this hunt :)

It's so frustrating when I KNOW something exists, but can't find it lol, makes me feel a little insane.

Thanks again,

--Aileene

I buy my cello bags on ebay. I use the 3 x 5 bags for my air fresheners and the 4 x 6 bags for my soaps. Very good pricing. They even have smaller bags than these. These are the clear resealable PP bags. :-)

The ebayer is costxpress but their are numerous other sellers as well.

I hope this helps. :-)

Here is a pic of a M&P bar which is 5oz in one of these cello bags:

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc160/bwob66/blackraspberrympbar.jpg

Oh thank you so much, that is exactly what I was looking for, I swear I looked at papermart...hmm, so many little details to get right I probably forgot to check for those bags as I was looking at something else lol.

Thanks so much,

--Aileene