Supplier frustration

Lisasoaps

I placed 2 orders from this supplier in the past 8 months and never had a problem. She always answered my questions quickly before I place my order. Well on 7/08 I placed an order for $114.67 and got a ups tracking email on 7/12 that it was being shipped and scheduled delivery was the 15th. I got another email from ups saying my order was cancelled, however, my money has been taken out of my account. I emailed the supplier yesterday morning and heard nothing. I emailed her again this morning, nothing. I emailed her again and she finally, instead of just telling me what was going on, she sent me this

Dear Customer :

Your purchase information is attached (& Backordered Items Info if required). You will be receiving a tracking notification e-mail through UPS or USPS.

Any payments made by credit card will appear on your statement as ........

If you have any questions about your order, please contact me at .......(for faster results). You can also reply to this e-mail. Customer service is available from 10 AM until 5 PM Central Time Monday through Thursday (summer hours).

Once again, thanks for shopping with us. We look forward to your coming back and visiting us soon!

along with an attatchment of a pdf file that doesnt even work. I contacted her again to let her know the file wouldnt open because of a font having a problem with cmap or something like that so would she please just let me know what is going on. I still have not heard a word. I am trying to be patient but this is really frying my cookies. As much as I like her selection I dont even know if its worth the aggrevation to order from her again.

I dont know why I felt compelled to protect this suppliers identity but I did. I don't know that I will even use this supplier again. We'll see when I really need something if I break or not.

The problem has been solved but definately not in a professional manner. It really left a bad taste in my mouth.

After 4 emails, last one saying

As much as I hate to say this, my patience is wearing thin with this issue. This will be my 4th email to you and I still have no answers. I told you the pdf has a corrupt font and cannot be read. I would greatly appreciate some answers please.

It took awhile for her to get back to me and there was no appology or explanation. Just this

https://wwwapps.ups.com/etracking/tracking.cgi?Requester=WS&TypeOfInquiryNumber=T&build_detail=yes&InquiryNumber=1Z4Y45A80344028931

This # did not work, then she sent me another email with just this

ups has emailed the valid UPS tracking number *********

which did work. So, my order is on its way and I pretty much went bonkers for nothing. Alls she had to do was email me back in a timely matter saying there was an error with ups shipping but your order is on its way. I will get your new track # when ups gets back to me.

ORRRR, Let me check into this issue and I will get back to you ASAP...

AM I RIGHT ???

Either way, problem solved.

A word of advice to suppliers, dont leave your customers hanging in the balance when you already have their hard earned cash. NEVER avoid the situation at hand, confront it. A simple email, I am sorry for the inconvenience and I am checking into the matter....is so quick and effective.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Lorri ~ I wasnt able to call her because I do not have long distance on my phone. I looked for a toll free # but she didnt have one.

Edited by Lisasoaps

I'm sorry this happened. Thanks for the advice as well as I am thinking about starting to buy more things in bulk and then becoming kindof like a mini supplier. (still researching it, but thinking about it).

I get frusterated with UPS, USPS and Fedex as they keep ringing my doorbell when they drop off packages. I have a sign on my door that says not to ring the bell, but they do anyways. I did change my sign yesterday that it now reads "Please do not ring the doorbell, Children may be sleeping" I'm getting sick of them waking up my youngest who thinks he is done with his nap the minute he wakes up (even if it has been 5 mins) and won't go back to sleep until bedtime.

Sometimes companies do not make sense on why they do what they do, but it is true that when people get bad service they tell 10 people (or in our case lots since this is a forum :)) and only 1 person if they receive good service.

Sometimes companies do not make sense on why they do what they do, but it is true that when people get bad service they tell 10 people (or in our case lots since this is a forum :)) and only 1 person if they receive good service.

That is so true! We recently replaced our washer, dryer, and purchased a dishwasher. I did months of research before getting a stellar deal, but sadly, most of the reviews I read on products were negative. It seems often people are very willing to give an unsatisfactory review: they need to vent. Unfortunately, when customers find a great product or supplier, they just neglect the opportunity to give positive customer feedback. This forum is a treasure, because it allows everyone to "dish" on various issues. This post just reminded me to give a big "shout-out" to my "candle lady in Harbor Beach:bow:" (as the family calls her) every chance I can.

Lorri ~ I wasnt able to call her because I do not have long distance on my phone. I looked for a toll free # but she didnt have one.

Ok, I understand now. Hopefully everything is better now but keep us updated once you receive your order:)