Note to Self: Add spray oil to PVC Pipe....

Ok made another batch and really wanted to try PVC Pipe. After finally figuring out what I need to do to cap the end, I was so excited to try it. That I poured it in the pipe and let it sit for 24 hours, and then oooops it wouldn't come out. Forgot to spray pipe first.

36773_136827953002883_113811141971231_313963_4999040_n.jpg

Thanks for looking. Oh, I did at least get the effect I wanted with the swirl and marbling.

Jen:shocked2:

OH!! I am sorry that happened to you I usually put mine in the freezer for a couple of hours and it falls out if I forget to spray it. I use a fine spray mist bottle and spray mine with baby oil.

Jen is that HP you did in the PVC or CP?

Barb

Edited by Barbara AL

Barb it is CP and I did put in the freeze. All the info I read after I realized what I did was to put in the freeze for a couple of hours or longer if nesassary. Hehe, maybe I did something wrong because is was horrible to get out. Thanks for telling me what you use. I saw that one person rubs vasline in the tube as well but I have small children and actually have baby oil here. A fine mist is what I am going to try.

Thanks again, I just wanted to share my experience with all and quitly laugh at myself.

Jen

I just tried PVC for the first time this weekend too, with similar results. I didn't oil or line it because I thought the freezer trick would work. Um, no luck. My hubby finally decided to cut the PVC off of the soap! I hope he'll make me another one becuase I'm not ready to give up on it.

How did you get yours out of the mold?

Ok, I was deterined to try again. So, this time sprayed really well with pam olive oil spray, poured my chocolate raspberry drizzle soap in the pipe. I let it sit for 24 hours for good measure, and then today popped it in the freeze for about 2 hours, and success that baby came out looking like a cow patty. I used to much cocoa power, but it came out smoothly and was able to make perfect one inch disc.

The first try was very hard to remove, it took a lot of hours in the freezer, and 3 inch gold lid from one of my candles that I sell and a roll of tape from my cash register. I was at one end holding the tube and my husband was at the other with a broom handle stuck in there shoving the soap out. Oh, the memories. hehe

Jen

The first try was very hard to remove, it took a lot of hours in the freezer, and 3 inch gold lid from one of my candles that I sell and a roll of tape from my cash register. I was at one end holding the tube and my husband was at the other with a broom handle stuck in there shoving the soap out. Oh, the memories. hehe

Jen

LOL - We found that a can from the cabinet fit perfectly into the 3" PVC to try to help push the soap out, along with a tall salt shaker. Then we just ended up with a can of pumpkin puree stuck in the mold too, which is why I was afraid to leave the mold in the freezer for very long. I don't want to find out what happens when a can of pumpkin freezes! I know what happens to a can of diet coke. :smiley2:

Kat

I cut a piece of wood the Inside Diameter of the pipe. Drill a hole in it and gorilla glue a short piece of dowel rod in the hole. Works great!

I also add a small piece of wood to the other end of the dowel rod for balance.

Mine is actually 2 fold. One end fits a 2" PVC. The other end fits a 1" PVC.