Double Votive Clamshells

I recently did a demo using these and they're really easy. The 2 most important things to do is #1 - use a wick with the larger tab base....I use the Z51 (of course it will depend on your fragrance & wax) #2 - do not pour hotter that 175-180 degrees. HTP

Hi, Nancy. I poured these today with much success. This was my first time working with soy votive wax. I got a clean, smooth pour and am happy with the results. Will test burn tomorrow. Now the big question...what are these selling for? I've seen several demos online to make them, but haven't seen anyone selling these yet. If you have any insight, it would be soooo appreciated!:)

Haven't done votives, but since you mention you are new to soy, you will want to let the candles "cure" for up to a week before you burn them or you will not get much hot throw.

On the other hand, if you are testing for burn time and wicking only, then you are good to go after about 24 hours.

there is a little gift shop locally that makes and sells them for $4.00. She sells quite a few at that price... people like them alot. I'm not a big fan of votives myself... never burn them.. but they are a nice idea for those of us who dont want to mess with keeping votive molds around. Do you use the Alabaster ones?

Actually, I bought these at WSP before the big commotion there. I only bought 50, and am knowing I will soon need more. I saw Alabaster had them super cheap this week, though. Maybe someone will do a co-op on these. I'm doing up a bunch for a friend visiting from Las Vegas, because they will travel easily.

Thanks for the info on the pricing. That was in my ballpark.:cheesy2:

I don't usually burn votives at home, either and had to search for hours to find a votive holder! Heading to the local dollar store to pick up a couple for test burns.