How to be more Eco friendly in packaging and shipping

SusieQ

I had a customer buy some soap and cologne oil from me, he said he loved the products but I wasn't eco friendly. I do melt & pour and the soap was a thick large 6 oz bar, I do shrink wrap all my soaps. Since this bar would not fit into a soap box, I put it in an organza bag. The cologne oil also goes into a small box. I do wrap all of my products for shipping in bubble wrap also.

For those who can educated me, what are some of my options for packaging and shipping?

TIA

Sometimes being "Green" can go beyond packaging. All though packaging is a good place to start. I agree with Luminous, alot of the packaging can be recycled or purchased already recycled. I know that Nashville carries a big line of recycled and semi-recycled packaging. Let the customer know.

Do you have a website? If so let them know what you are using and how you recycle.

*Re-use shipping peanuts and boxes that are in good shape.

*Does your website company offer green hosting? Some hosting companies purchase power from windmills making them green.

*Do you purchase some of your products from companies that offer recycled products..ie...Nashville Wraps.

*Do you contriubute to any Green Orginizations...there are quite a few organizations out there that you can contribute a % if you sales that are environmental. I'm checking into a couple of organizations that will plant a tree for each $1.00 you donate to them.

Arbor Day Foudation

Plant It 2020

Rain Forest Rescue

I have seen some companies make themselves "Carbon Nuetral" by doing this.

Anyway those are a few ideas to consider.