CBA Cb Advance Headache! HELP :-(

I've never gone the stearic route...going to have to try that. I find that if I am going for a darker color I will have a few cracks. To avoid cracks I add beeswax at a rate of 3% pp. If I am only adding FO (no dye) I find that cracks are not an issue.

It's been my experience that out of all the waxes, soy needs the most babying when curing. If something is out of whack I end up with frosting, cracks or craters.

This wax doesn't throw great, but it's ultra resistant to frosting. Its most serious misbehavior is getting a dip in the middle, often accompanied by a circular crack. Adding the small amount of stearic makes that magically go away and is, I think, the more conservative solution. After all, soy wax is made of stearic to a certain extent so this is just a minor adjustment.

I'm sure the beeswax works, but to me it's a much more radical solution if that's all it's for. It introduces something completely different from soy wax, not to mention an animal product. It may be necessary for other soy waxes though. The stearic trick only works for CBA as far as I know, but it works very well.

As in all things candle, everyone's mileage is different. I find the throw to be great! It's by far greater than EZSoy.

I get ya on the beeswax vs stearic. I'm going to have to give stearic a whirl. What's your usage rate, if you don't mind sharing? :)

As in all things candle, everyone's mileage is different. I find the throw to be great! It's by far greater than EZSoy.

I get ya on the beeswax vs stearic. I'm going to have to give stearic a whirl. What's your usage rate, if you don't mind sharing? :)

2% or a little more cures the cracking symptom with negligible effect on burn rate. You might want to do a scent throw test if you try that. It didn't occur to me to compare with and without stearic.

2% or a little more cures the cracking symptom with negligible effect on burn rate. You might want to do a scent throw test if you try that. It didn't occur to me to compare with and without stearic.

I'll have to try that. I have three ongoing tests right now and another big one right around the corner. Maybe I can get to it this weekend. Thanks!