Scrapbooking punches

yoyo

I was wondering if anyone would tell me what brand of scrapbooking punches are the best for a heavier weight cardstock. I know nothing about scrapbooking and could really use some advice. I want to use it to make a circle approx. 2 inch or even a cupcake design. Thanks you for any help you can give me.

I dont know which are the best.. but I bought one that is lime green, and its CRAP.. cant punch through much.. especially not cardstock. It binds very easily. Its a Marvy Uchinda.. I think a 1", 1.5" and 2" are what I got. None of them work well.

I have a sizzix big kick but never really use it... but for what I spent on those punches I could have gotten a few big kick dies and they work WAY better, I can cut through 6 layers of felt with my big kick. Oh well, live and learn!

I have a scalloped circle punch from EK Success. On the bottom of the punch it says Paper Shapers. It's a hefty punch that will easily cut a 1&1/2 inch scalloped edge circle from poster board. I know these punches come in other shapes & sizes but this is the only one I've tried.

I bought a Martha Stewart 1 inch circle hole punch and that little baby works pretty well! It's heavy as heck, too! I use it for my art pendants, so I use it mainly for photo paper and cardstock. I need to find bigger circle hole punches so I'll be watching this post.... :) I had another punch which was a prim heart punch but I sold it. That thing was so heavy, I swear it would have cut through metal! LOL It was red in color and I had bought it at Michael's. HTH a little!