Priceing 1OZ Portion Tarts

Dolphin146

I use the 2 oz cups, because when filled it is only 1.2 oz of wax give or take which is equal to a Yankee tart in size. I sell for $1.25 each or 5 for $5 and they sell well. I also sell clamshells for $3 each...most people go for the portion cups, since I started selling them.

Yankee tarts are .8 and sell for over $2.00 each. You all are selling way cheaper than I can afford to price mine. I retail for $1.65 in the foil cups and the weigh about 1.2 to 1.6. My accounts sell them for $1.50 to over $2.00 each. If I sold in the portion cups I would sell for more.

post-215-139458470952_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sharon in KY

Yep, Yankee tarts are definitely .8 oz, which is the exact same size melt I make in the 1 ounce portion cups. I sell them for $1.25 each or 5/$5, which is a steal compared to Yankee. They are pretty much the same price ounce for ounce as my 3 oz. clamshells that I sell for $4. I mostly do clams, though. I don't think I would ever switch over-the portion cups are just a nice way to use up extra wax. :)

Wow-I thought the Yankee tarts were 1 oz. Didn't realize they were that small. Maybe I should consider doing the smaller size. Thanks for the info! They are a bit too large in my opinion, anyway. Almost need to be cut down.

I sell mine for $1.00, but use the 1.5 oz cups and get roughly an ounce or little less. I sell my clamshells for $3.00.

I have noticed that sales have picked up in both sizes. I figure the cups give them a chance to try a scent, and move up to the clamshell.