Grubby Hurricane

I have made several hurricanes before, so this is not my question. My question is, I want to add whipped wax to the outside of my hurricane to give it texture. Do I just glob it on, dab it on or use some other method???

Will appreciate any opinions or suggestions that you can give.

msgrooms

Hi Mrs. Grooms...I'm doing a lot of learning myself here these days. Can you tell me what in the world a grubby hurricane is? I assume a "hurricane" is a large pillar to be placed in a "hurricane lamp". Not sure what makes it "grubby".

(SatinDucky, do YOU know what a grubby hurricane is? LOL)

P.S. What part of Northern Indiana are you from, Mrs. Grooms? I lived in Valparaiso for 6 years (4 of those years as a student).

Hi mrsgrooms! Well I have never made hurricanes, but I have made grubbies! When you whip the wax to the texture you want, then you could dip the hurricane shell into the wax as much as you could without it getting inside of the shell. And then use a rubber spatula or fork to make it the texture that you want it. Just kinda pat at it with the fork or spatula til it looks like you want it to. I dont know with hurricanes if its ok to get grubby wax on the inside of the shell, so thats why i said just dip it enough to keep the wax on the outside of it, then use a rubber spatula or fork to apply more wax. Thats how I would do it anyway! Hopefully that helps!

I got some small paint brushes that have a metal handle and black bristles to "stipple" the wax onto the hurricane. Just pick up a blob with the brush and dab it on. Then throw the brush away when you're done. The brushes are sold at Home Depot in a bag of 100. I guess any cheapo brushes would work. HTH!

Trae