Scales * scales * scales

I have three very cheap scales.. two from target and one from walmart. I love them all... I check them routinely with weights and they are all still kicking after years. My husband thinks I'm nuts for having three but all three serve a purpose... one is really great for grams, like when I'm making lotion and I need very small amounts of each ingredient (Tha walmart one)... one is great for (up to) 13 pounds of stuff at a time, and another is very large and flat so its nice for placing buckets on (The Glass one, its not as easy to use as the others because the controls are under the glass and they are "touch" and dont respond as well.. and to switch to grams you have to flip it over, meaning you lose your tare.. so looking back I wouldnt buy this one again).

Taylor Digital Food scale, that one is from walmart... (around $20)

Taylor Glass Digital Food Scale, from Target... ($40)

and Alimento 13lb digital Scale, from Target. (I think I paid $50)

most important features to me is it MUST have a tare function... must have grams and ounces (I hate ounces in fractions.. I prefer decimal ounces, like 1.5 instead of 1 1/2 but thats just me..) and it needs to handle 10 pound batches of soap. All in all, I would say the Alimento does everything I need it to, but for small things I like being able to use the small taylor one, its so tiny and portable.

Edited by LuminousBoutique

I've got a MyWeigh from Old Will Knot Scales. I believe the model is the KD7000. I love it! It serves me well and once I moved it away from the microwave (oops, didn't realize right away that it interfered with my scale! LOL) it has given me years of loyal service & still going strong! :)

When I was looking for my scale I read that a postal scale works well. A postal scale is used to setting a package on and getting a weight. You can't put something and pour slowly. Once it beeps it is done and you have to take your thing off and start over. Very frustrating so whatever you get check that you can keep adding.

Dawn

Suds ~n~ Stuff