Xcel feedback

I am a 464 user (the frost 1-3 months post pour is killing me), so I wanted to try the miracle wax aka xcel. I have only been working with it for about a week and burning after 48 hours of cure time. I am testing 2 new fragrances and 1 current fragrance. 2 of the 3 seem to have good CT and HT. The other is a new one and it is not throwing in 464 either, but does in palm. I started with HTP wicks since that is what I use for 464, but flames are very large with puffs of black smoke occasionally. I wicked down and still large flames. I may try CD wicks next, but would like to hear what other folks are finding with this wax.

Jars/wicks:

Flared square (small): HTP 93 and 83

2": HTP 62 and 52

As far as pouring and appearance, pouring at 130-140 seem to work best for me and I have tried heating jars and not heating jars and had glass adhesion issues with both methods. HT does not seem to be as good as 464, but I do not have the correct wick yet. Frosting is not an issue yet, but it has only been a week. I have been taking one orange candle in and out of the heat and just a few minor minor spots of frosting have shown up so far. If I did that with 464, I would have frosting coming down the glass. Post burn, seems like glass adhesion issues do develop and some frosting lines develop.

Overall, I am happy with how easy it is to pour a candle with xcel and the decrease in frost, but like how 464 burns better. More testing required.

If anyone has any other feedback, I would love to hear your results!!

Cheers!!

Mamaturtle,

I like the exel myself and am going to be switching over. I have tested just about every other soy wax and finally am sold on the xcel just waiting (hoping my local supplier will carry it) Try a cd 16 or 18 in the status jar. I would however not choose that jar to start with. I am using the quilted JJ and hex 9oz wicking with the cd 8, 10. those are about 2 5/8". Hope this helps and please let me know.:yay:Good luck.

Thanks for responding!! What kind of flame height are you getting with CD 8 or 10? I am used to wicking smaller and letting the wax catch up since I prefer a smaller flame and do not wick for a FMP on initial burns. I still do not have a good feel for this wax, so not sure that philosophy will work with xcel. I do not have any CD 16 or 18, so would have to order. I may have a few CDN's in that size though. The manufacturers website suggests CD 12 for 3" jar which is what I have sometimes used for the status jar with 464 depending on the FO. Good idea to focus on smaller/easier wicked jars first.

How long have you been testing? I would contact your distributor and request that they offer it. You never know unless you ask :).

Good luck to you too!!

Any other converters??

I've been pouring mine a little hotter than everyone else and still having good results. The first batch I did was with CS Pumpkin Souffle and the CT was spectacular. I found the Eco wicks are working the best for me so far with this wax and I'm able to get a good HT with them. It's definitely not a miracle wax and seems a lot like the CB advanced only with a better HT.

I'm in the middle of testing this and the 464. So far, I like them both. I don't color my candles anymore so I can't offer any help on the frosting issue. I should probably actually give them time to cure? I have no patience and I like to burn them as soon as I can.

So far, I'm not really sold on either of these. The blend I'd been using was awesome (no longer available:mad:) so I'm thinking of maybe blending them with another wax.