Problem with BOP

Ravens

Ok, maybe I'm jumping the gun, but I just poured Bird of paradise from Peak's and it smells like Crisco oil, no kidding.

I have bought BOP from Bittercreek and Aroma Haven; these two are similar, though the BC one smells stronger OOB.

Will the BOP (Peak's) scent develop as the tarts cure? I was expecting to smell pomegranate, strawberry, hint of vanilla, etc. but all I pick up is an oily smell :confused:

Just an oily smell. My nose couldn't detect any of the pomegranate, strawberry etc. that Peak's uses in their description of this FO. I'm really puzzled; Peak's FO are my favorite, but this BOP... The tarts are setting now. Will give them a day or two before trying them.

I made some tarts the other day using the BOP from Bittercreek and they smells great! For those I used a different wax combo, but the FO smelled good OOB also.

But with this one I smelled nothing but oil. Hopefully when I melt the tarts things will improve, though I doubt it :sad2:

I sent an email to peak's. Could they perhaps have forgotten to add the fragrance? As I said, I absolutely love their oils and service, but this BOP really has me stumped. No smell whatsoever - except the cooking oil smell, LOL