CPOP Disaster

candlemama

I've been a little too proud of my fledgling soap making abilities so had to have a major disaster tonight! I just did a CP batch and made some really pretty swirls finally, smelled great, looked great, no acceleration with FO, traced nicely. Decided to pop it into the oven for a little CPOP since none of my previous batches had gelled for some reason, and I wanted my pretty orange and yellow swirls to be bright. Preheated the oven to 170 and placed them in there for 30 min. Checked after 10 min, nothing. Checked again at 15 min, gel beginning nicely. Checked again at 30 minutes -- complete gel and MAJOR separation, oils leaking out the side of my mold.

I quickly pulled the mold out of the oven. The oils smell pretty and are a nice orangey color. No zap, I know because I was cleaning the oil up like a madwoman and forgot to put gloves on first. It's been 30 min, and the soap is still very liquid and dripping oil over the side.

I know what I did wrong -- I added some condensed GM in place of water and promptly forgot that milk will heat the soap up a lot. (I'm an idiot.)

My question is, do you think this is salvageable, or will it be way too lye heavy? I probably went through six paper towels soaking up that oil, and it's still dripping. I only did a 5% SF.

Darn it.

So I went and poured a couple candles, hoping at least something will go right tonight!

:mad::mad::mad: