Local Farmers Market!

My community has just started up a farmers market. It will be the first Friday of every month starting in June. The great part is it's only 1/2 mile from my house. I'm so excited!! I have never set up at a farmers market before. So just wanted to ask if you guys would share any tips or pointer that you may have to offer? Thanks in advance!!!!

Congrats on the new Farmer's Market in town! I have been doing farmers markets for about 3 years now. Its a great way to earn some money and bring in new customers and market new stuff.

Don't be discouraged if you don't have a lot of customers at first. It will take time to build the market and a good customer base.

Mine are on Saturday mornings from 9am to 1pm so I just bring as much as I can sell in 4 hours. I only set up two 6 foot tables and load them up. Thats plenty for a 4 hour market.

Let us know how it goes and good luck!

Hello,I have been doing markets for several years and it is work.I think what I have learned most is keep your display simple,not too fancy or they'll pass you by(thinking you are to costly).My clients tell me if my table is too full,it is confusing to them.So spread it out.If you listen and take notes your clients will filll you in what they think.Thats how I l discovered to set my table up.I also use a one level shelf in the middle of my table for my center peices and larger items on top.It gives me extra room with out over crowding my table.One other tip,clients likes to see your face behind the table,so don't set to low.And never lower your price just because you are bugged about it.I get- well,Darline sells her tarts for a .33 cents,my answer is-thats where you should buy them then,they always end up buying from me at my price.I also offer whole sale prices on tarts and etc if they buy in quanilty.I did not think it would work at first,but heck yeah,it does,and you get more money per sale that way.I hope I have helped some.:highfive: