D@&% Soap Trolls!!!

sjconner

I made 2 batches of soap this weekend and both ended up with pockets of lye in them. I have been doing this for a while without any mishaps so I am sure that I am due for some!

I am pretty sure that I made both batches the same way I always do. I have never had my soap zap when I have tried it. I guess I will have to chuck them. D@&% 7 pounds of soap ruined.

Susan

shread it up...

put in a oven stainless steel pot...

put it in the oven on about 180....

and once every hour for about 4-6 hrs. stir...it will melt right down..

when it does meil down...pour into your mold..

it will not be as pretty as cp soap...but at least it is not wasted..

I spent part of last night trying to figure out what I did different. I scraped out the inside of my bucket when I filled the molds. I don't usually do that - I wonder if that was the problem. The batch I did with the loaf mold had a beautiful lye swirl in it. I can't swirl that beautiful on purpose!

Susan

I was having the same problem with lye pockets a few months back and it turned out to be my lye - I was buying it from Ace Hardware and apparently something changed in the product. Once I switched to buying my lye from The Lye Guy my problem was solved.