wicking a campfire scent

:angry2:

Hi everyone,

I am having a very tough time wicking 2 scents and both are campfire scents. 1 from BCN and 1 from WSP. I have tested with 6 and also 7% fo load in a 4 oz tin which is aprox 2.40" diam and I am using igi 6006. So far I have tried 44-24-18z, 44-32-18z,

44-36-18z and all have gone out or are so weak you have to turn the light off to see if its still lit. I poured one with a cd 5 and it's setting up as I type. Has anyone had any problems wicking these smokey campfire scents? BTW it's the only scent I have ever had this happen to. Thanks

Cut back on the FO load - Try 6% and see if that helps. With that oil, you should get a good HT at 6%.

I had problems wicking that one in soy. I cut back on the FO load a wicked up. Took a lot of testing, but I did find a formula that works for me.

Yes,

I pretty much gave up trying to wick WSP's. This used to be a top seller for one of my wholesale accounts. Then something changed. I am sure it was when the reformulation happened with it going phalate free. I never had to wick up much in the past, and got great HT from less than 1 oz pp. Then all of a sudden, no one could smell it at all! the wick wouldn't stay lit or if it started out oK it would slowy drown down to almost nothing. I wicked up over 4 sizes which is crazy to me, and it still doesn't produce very good results. The throw is nothing like it was before.

Funny though, when I complained to them a few times - nothing at all has changed and they have never received any other complaints besides mine :confused::confused:

I finally ended up having to stop selling it. So good luck, and if you find a good alternative, I would be interested.

Lightkeeper.. That happened to me with BCN's a while back.

No problems with it for years, then when I got a new stock of oil, I could not get it to burn for the life of me. I cut back, wicked up and nothing worked. At that point, I knew the oil changed. So I discontinued selling it for a while. Looked for a dupe and could since I had a lot of customers that like this scent and I could not find one anywhere that compared to BC's :sad2:.

Then a few months later got another sample to test. No problems at 6%.

Don't know what the problem was, but after reading this post I hope the oil did not change again!!! AAAAHHHHHH...

I ahd initially used a tester of WPS and it threw like crazy and no wicking issues. Months later, when I finally got around to buying it, couldn't wick it for anything. I even ordered another bottle this past christmas in the hopes that that was a bad batch. Same thing.

I ahd initially used a tester of WPS and it threw like crazy and no wicking issues. Months later, when I finally got around to buying it, couldn't wick it for anything. I even ordered another bottle this past christmas in the hopes that that was a bad batch. Same thing.

Just wondering if you complained to them at all? Like I said, they said they were really surpised because they never had any complaints. "maybe it was my wax or something I did" I find that really hard to believe because I tried like 3 different bottles of it throughout the year thinking it was a bad batch. I was desperate because it was a good seller for me and my wholesale acct. none of them worked. :sad2:

I think I remember another post on here where someone had bad results with it also.

Yes, I did call. Actually, I started doing a search of what people were wicking or any problems and found a thread where people were asking for must-haves from WSP and someone said to get this, but thatthey had had a bad batch recently that was replaced. I so I called and said that I beleive I was having a problem with it and that the tester I had had with it worked great was there a bad batch I wasn't aware of. They said they hadn't heard anything from anyone and that it must be something I'm doing. That's when I gave up. But then this past Christmas I thought if there had been an issue, it probably was resolved by that time and bought another pound, same problem. I've given up since then,