What is going wrong here? Too much heat?

Landa

Mountain,

How do you pkg now? I tried shrink wrap with the edges open but mine looked similar to yours Landa. Not really happy with the shrink wrap look. Plus like you said took more time then the soap did.

Naked! I sell naked at the Farmer's Market and have had custom boxes made for Christmas gift-giving.

I have done a lot of research and the trend right now is natural... people like to see the soap, touch it, and smell it. I cannot tell you how many people wanted to see the soap when I used to wrap it......

Plus- IMO it makes for a better bar because the soap is always drying and it can breathe.

when at the market i sell by soaps and bbombs naked, they seem to sell better for me that way. however, when an ordered is placed i wrap mine with the corrugated paper that i get from the school supply store. they have tons of colors and i normally wrap with a color that compliments the scent and color of soap. i then either tie a colorful piece of yarn around it or raffia ribbon. HTH

ETA: i no longer shrink wrap my soap b/c of the hassle and I too like for my soaps to breathe.

If you sell your bombs naked I would think transporting could be a problem?? How do you keep them from crumbling. I was thinking of wrapping in breathable paper at least so they would have a little help staying together. I haven't transported any yet and they do seem really hard but I thought they could be fragile. Or even susceptible to humidity and I thought a wrapping could be a protective feature for this????

Glo

I sell mine naked at shows etc, transport each fragrance in totes that hold about 40 soaps. They do not crumble, they breathe and like being naked LOL

I have also done a lot of research, people LOVE the natural look, I market my soaps and bombs that way.

When I am at a show people flock to my products where there might be another soaper who has everything neatly packaged and they will hardly have any customers.

So I say scrap the shrink wrap, save some $$$ and SELL some soap

Elle

i'm very glad i read this post. i was considering shrink wrap as well. the cost of srink wrap was already a negative....you just tipped the balance to a definite 'no'....i guess i'll go with the 'semi-naked' band.

by the way, what MUST be printed on the lable? i assume that all i would need is brand/logo, scent and ingredients? or am i forgetting anything?