Sweet Cakes

Sndfrddy

After searching for a great gardenia, thanks to ChrisR's suggestions, I found Sweet Cakes to absolutely be the best for my wax. Waves and many thanks to ChrisR!!

SO now that I'm so impressed with the gardenia, are there any other fragrances from Sweet Cakes that you feel are comparable to the gardenia's strength in candles that I should test? Thanks so much!!

I love their Country Christmas. It throws really great in my parasoy...CBL130 from Candlewic. At my Christmas Open House it is normally one of the first candles that sells out.

Also...Secret Garden is another one that throws great in my wax...and it is another one that I love.

I had tested quite a few of their scents a long time ago when I used paraffin for containers. I have notes somewhere.......

Because Country Christmas and Secret Garden were such big sellers for me...they were the only 2 that I retested in parasoy.

Thanks Maggie, I'll have to try those two.

Chris, well, in going through the list of fragrances I made a list of one that intrigue me. I know some are expensive but if you use less per pound like with the gardenia, well, it worth it to me. So here's the one that caught my eye:

Black Currant Rose Fragrance

Bobbi Brown Beach (type) Fragrance

Burberry Baby Touch (type) Fragrance

Christmas Thyme Fragrance

Eucalyptus (The Thymes type) Fragrance

Fall Foliage Fragrance

Fracas (type) Fragrance

Green Tea Fragrance

Hotel Costes (type) Fragrance

Lime Margarita Fragrance

Masculine Musk Fragrance

Molton Brown Black Pepper (type) Fragrance

Musk, Jovan for Women (type) Fragrance

Nectarine Blossom & Honey (Jo Malone type) FragranceOatmeal, Milk & Honey Fragrance

Pumpkin Spice Fragrance

Pomegranate Fragrance Northwoods Fragrance

Sapmoss (Aveda type) Fragrance

Tom Ford Black Orchid (type) FragranceWoodlands (B&BW type) Fragrance

Woodsmoke Fragrance

I know it's quite a list but if you have any input on any of these I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much!!

Edited by Sndfrddy

Chris, well, in going through the list of fragrances I made a list of one that intrigue me. I know some are expensive but if you use less per pound like with the gardenia, well, it worth it to me. So here's the one that caught my eye:

Black Currant Rose Fragrance nice

Burberry Baby Touch (type) Fragrance

Christmas Thyme Fragrance Love this one. I mix 50/50 w/ christmas forest

Eucalyptus (The Thymes type) Fragrance

Fall Foliage Fragrance

Fracas (type) Fragrance

Green Tea Fragrance A really nice green tea

Hotel Costes (type) Fragrance This is one of my all time favorites.

Lime Margarita Fragrance

Masculine Musk Fragrance

Nectarine Blossom & Honey (Jo Malone type) FragranceOatmeal, Milk & Honey Fragrance This is my favorite honey, it holds up, does not fade.

Pumpkin Spice Fragrance

Pomegranate Fragrance Northwoods Fragrance

Sapmoss (Aveda type) Fragrance very green smells just like Aveda

Tom Ford Black Orchid (type) FragranceWoodlands (B&BW type) Fragrance woodlands is very nice

Woodsmoke Fragrance this one is a KEEPER

I know it's quite a list but if you have any input on any of these I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much!!

There are just so many really superb scents to choose from. You have to try Santa's Pipe, I call it Havana.

My personal all time favorite they discontinued "Stella Mc Cartney Type" candle grade, I have some stashed just for me.

Kyme

First post here, just wanted to give quick feedback on Sweetcakes before I hit the sack, I purchased quite a few fragrances in small amounts about 2 weeks ago, I put them in GB415 w/ 1 TBSP coconut oil ppd, and 1/2 TBSP beeswax ppd. I wicked a metro jar from Dollar Tree w/CD 16, and used a mix of Aveda Sapmoss and Hibiscus, they call it feminine Day at the Spa. After a 4 day cure, it burns like a charm, and is about to blow me out of the house! I think it is a 2 to 1 blend, but can't remember, it is on their website. I love both scents separately, I would cut down on the Hibiscus a little next time, it is a strong and lush white floral scent. It is overpowering the Sapmoss. The Kiehl type Coriander and Grapefruit are true to the original scent, I love the Coriander, and have already poured some Stephenson's M&P Mango Butter soap with it, but have not used it yet. The Yuzu smells wonderful, a peachy/grapefruit scent, heavier on the peach. I have not been as happy with the throw yet in Eco Soya PB, but it has only cured 4 days! It is strong OOB. I will post the remainder tomorrow after I have had some sleep!:)

Black Currant Rose Fragrance - Lovely mix of berry & rose

Burberry Baby Touch (type) Fragrance -I liked this, but didn't sell well

Christmas Thyme Fragrance - Very earthy FO, the thyme is dominant

Eucalyptus (The Thymes type) Fragrance - Not your ordinary eucalyptus, but great FO

Fall Foliage Fragrance

Fracas (type) Fragrance - This needed a full oz./lb, never was a good seller.

Green Tea Fragrance I use this straight and as a mixer. Mix half and half with Sweetcakes Mandarin or Clementine, great seller.

Hotel Costes (type) Fragrance

Lime Margarita Fragrance - You can smell the lime and the booze.....great in soap also.

Masculine Musk Fragrance - Needs more than 1/2 oz/lb and can be a stinker to wick.

Nectarine Blossom & Honey (Jo Malone type) Fragrance

Oatmeal, Milk & Honey Fragrance - I personally don't like any OM&H, but did throw good.

Pumpkin Spice Fragrance - Sells great in the fall

Pomegranate Fragrance - Love this straight and and mixed with SC's Black Raspberry.......sells like hotcakes lately.

Northwoods Fragrance

Sapmoss (Aveda type) Fragrance - I personally didn't like the FO, so never got past the first tester.

Tom Ford Black Orchid (type) FragranceWoodlands (B&BW type) Fragrance

Woodsmoke Fragrance

About 9 out of 10 of these FO's I use 1/2 to 3/4 oz./lb in my parasoy. I don't think you will be disappointed in any of these FO's!! :cool2:

Back again with more reviews of Sweetcakes. I did also want to mention that I had great CS from them, they called me personally about an order change.

Green Tea - very realistic scent, the nicest one I have smelled so far. However, I am not getting the throw I want from the few votives I've poured. I mixed this with their Osmanthus, per their recipe on the website.

I used about 6% in Eco Soya PB, and tried a LX wick, I think I underwicked it.

Hotel Costes - sandalwood, iris, sophisticated women's perfume scent. Have not poured yet. Like it OOB!

Eucalyptus (The Thymes) - soapy clean to my nose, decent thrower in GB415. Unisex & fresh. Don't smell that much eucalyptus.

Citron et Figue - Fresh lemon scent, poured at 8%, I don't smell the fig as much as I wanted. My daughter likes this one. Poured in GB 415 in the 14 oz. Libbey cube w/ 2 CD 6 wicks. Performing nicely on its second burn.

Morning Marigold - Complex citrus w/ slight undertone of real French Marigold OOB. I want to pour this one soon.

My favorite so far has been the Sapmoss, that smells exactly like Aveda's scent, so if you like Aveda's, you'll like this one! If you don't, well, you won't! :cheesy2:

Hyacinth is the best..

You're right, Hyacinth and their Lily of the Valley are the most realistic I've ever found.

Another good mix this time of the year is 50/50 SC's Lily of the Valley and Lilac. Since Old Timer and Lily closed and I lost their Lilac & Lily FO, I have to mix my own and it's just smells like spring!! :cool2:

You're right, Hyacinth and their Lily of the Valley are the most realistic I've ever found.

Another good mix this time of the year is 50/50 SC's Lily of the Valley and Lilac. Since Old Timer and Lily closed and I lost their Lilac & Lily FO, I have to mix my own and it's just smells like spring!! :cool2:

Oh yes, Lily of the Valley is the best. I never smelled Old Timers but I have KY Lilac I'm going to try mixing. Sounds so good.