Sachet Envellpes STINK!

Jane42

We have been making sachet envelopes for several years.

Recently, we have noticed that they have a "different" scent - and it's not nice! :(

We thought it might be the envelope or the label - but we made one using aroma beads and it smells wonderful, so we have narrowed it down to the actual filler that we purchased from Elements (I can't find it on the site now). It must be a couple years old, so that may be the problem.

Any suggestions as to a supplier that carries this and that you have used and been satisfied with?

Thanks so much!

whoops - no wonder I couldn't find it on the Elements website...we didn't get it there - we bought it from the Candlesmakers Store.......:embarasse

But thanks anyways, wickerstix!

Anyone else buy a sachet base that they recommend?

Are you needing that particular kind..If not have you tried the corn cob?

I know several places for those with pretty decent deals.

We did test corn cob when we first started making the sachet bags, and then switched to aroma beads - just because they looked better in the organza bags.

I wondered if we would be able to use corn cob in the envelopes - and we could try that - but I really wanted to know:

1) Who uses the sachet envelope base from Candlemaker's Store and have they had problems with it smelling funny after sitting around for awhile and

2) If you don't purchase your base from the Candlesmaker's Store, where do you purchase it?

Thanks!

Jane

PS - My misspelling of "Envelopes" is driving me NUTS!!! lol

Edited by Jane42

Sorry..

Was just trying to get you some sites to check for corncob.I use those too.Along with the others.Havent had any problems with the ones from candlemakers.It was probably an old batch.Can they replace it,have you talked to them regarding it?Maybe they could send out a fresh batch?

Good Luck.Theyre was another place that sold them..thought you might be interested in..Its the same base as Candlemakers..

http://www.creativeilluminations.com/category_87.php

Sorry..

Was just trying to get you some sites to check for corncob.I use those too.Along with the others.Havent had any problems with the ones from candlemakers.It was probably an old batch.Can they replace it,have you talked to them regarding it?Maybe they could send out a fresh batch?

Good Luck.Theyre was another place that sold them..thought you might be interested in..Its the same base as Candlemakers..

http://www.creativeilluminations.com/category_87.php

No need to apologize - I appreciate you helping me!! :wink2: I don't think I am always very clear....lol

So you use the regular sachet base in your envelopes? or the corn cob?

I had ordered the start-up kit from the Candlemaker's Store and then I ordered another container of just the base. I can't remember if we had this problem originally or not. I went on their site to see when I had ordered the extra base, thinking I could pinpoint that for them, but I don't find it in my order history. Probably couldn't remember my password when I did that order.......:rolleyes2

Hi Jane

I had used CMS sachet base sometime before xmas last year and come to think of it there were a few scents I used in them that smelled kind of off....not all of them though.

I thought maybe I had used to much FO...I just wasn't sure what i had done wrong. I believe apple cinnamon was one of the scents that was wierd.

I made a few using a peppermint candy cane that smelled great and thats all I can remember offhand.

I just recently got some aroma beads to make ornies and decided to try them out in the little envelopes and they smell great.

Sooo maybe theres something in that base that just doesn't like certain scents?

I use the sachet base mostly..But have used the corn cob..Depending how ground up you can get it..You will be able to fit a good bit in them..But if you put them in the envelopes, a little rugged..you cant use as much,unless you grind them down a little.Hopefully,that makes sense.lol

I mainly use the corn cob..But I do still use the sachet base..Just not as much..I prefer the sachet base in the envelopes.I mainly have switched to the muslim type bags..And I also use the aroma beads too.

What are you using the envelopes for. Are they to sprinkle on you carpet or place in a drawer? You can use Vermiculite from the lawn and garden dept to make the envelopes. I have some in a jar from at least 3 years ago and it smells fine. I have bought these from the big guys and that's what it is. At least it looks exactly like it.

What are you using the envelopes for. Are they to sprinkle on you carpet or place in a drawer? You can use Vermiculite from the lawn and garden dept to make the envelopes. I have some in a jar from at least 3 years ago and it smells fine. I have bought these from the big guys and that's what it is. At least it looks exactly like it.

These sachet envelopes are made to be put in drawers. We put the base in the tea bags, then put in the envelopes.

I had forgotten about the vermiculte! We had tested that along with the corn cob way in the beginning!

Maybe we will try a little batch of vermiculite with our lavender FO...thanks.

I did receive an email back from the Candlemaker's Store and they indicated that they had not had any complaints and that they sold pallets - so it must be being used. I am stumped as to why we are having this problem!

• 1 month later...

Hello:

I am in the process of testing sachet envelopes using crushed corn cobb and white envelopes. However, after a few moments, FO spots appear on the envelopes from the corn cobb. :confused:

Has anyone ever experienced this or have any suggestions/solutions?

Thanks!

• 6 months later...

I just used a french vanilla scent with aroma beads, and have noticed that the smell is really "off", it took a long time for the oil toe soak in, so I thought I used too much, but maybe the aroma beads don't take well to certain scents. I used an amazing grace scent also, that initially smealled great, but after putting in organza bags, and in a ziploc, they also smelled off. I too would be open to suggestions!!