Lotioncrafter Kits & Formulary

candlemama

I was wondering if anyone has tried Lotioncrafter's Try-It Kits or used their formulas for making products. I'm thinking about trying the Body Butter Bliss Kit and the Goat's Milk Cream Kit. I'm also thinking about buying the supplies to make the C&E Intensive Serum and the Satin Soft Salt Scrub. But before I spend all the money, I wanted to get opinions here on whether they make nice products. Also, if you can comment on the degree of difficulty, that would be great, too. I've never made lotions or creams before but am really excited to get started. These recipes don't look too difficult, but it's hard to know for sure.

Also, one more question... what is an immersion/stick blender?

Thanks!

Edited by candlemama
Forgot to add the links: http://www.lotioncrafter.com/lotioncrafter-premium-ingredients-formulary.html

you can not go wrong with anything from lotioncrafter...and jenny is such a wonderful person...

their customer service is the best..

i have tired the GM Lotion..and it is wonderful..

i started out with the kit also...for my first lotion..and it is a good way to learn..

the kit comes with everything pre-measured..the instrucktons..

and it is very easy to follow..

just read your instructions several times..so you have all the steps in your mind..

i also put out my ingredients in a line in the order of use..

the only ingred, in the kit that i don't like is the silk amino acids..it has a smell i didn't like at all...but i have a very very sensitive nose..i think i pick up smells that most people do not.

so i talked to jenny..about it..and i just leave it out..and add that in extra aloe vera juice..

and another thing...don't over Fragrance...it does not take much fo at all...it might smell at first like you need more..let it set for awhile..before adding more...because it will get stronger...as it sets...but only to a certain point..and then it does not get stronger..

Hope i have helped some...Good luck...

:yay:i've loved everything that i've ordered so far from LC! customer service is first rate and IMHO they have the best shea butter-never had an issue with it.

i love their meadowfoam seed oil for lip balm formulations, too.

i get most of my lotion supplies there, but i've never purchased a kit.

I was wondering if anyone has tried Lotioncrafter's Try-It Kits or used their formulas for making products. I'm thinking about trying the Body Butter Bliss Kit and the Goat's Milk Cream Kit. I'm also thinking about buying the supplies to make the C&E Intensive Serum and the Satin Soft Salt Scrub. But before I spend all the money, I wanted to get opinions here on whether they make nice products. Also, if you can comment on the degree of difficulty, that would be great, too. I've never made lotions or creams before but am really excited to get started. These recipes don't look too difficult, but it's hard to know for sure.

Also, one more question... what is an immersion/stick blender?

Thanks!

83c9c1bb-d583-41b0-a70f-95d703841b17_400.jpg&size=19&dhm=3b391373&hl=en

I hope the Picture attached.

Thanks for the replies! I think I spent half the day on that website. I can't wait to try some of the formulas. I'm especially eager to try the C&E intensive serum. I love the stuff from Skinceuticals, but it runs about $120/ounce. I can make about 3 ounces using Lotioncrafter's formula for much less money.

Also, thanks for attaching the photo of the stick blender. I thought that's what they are but wanted to make sure it wasn't something special for cosmetic/B&B products. Darn it, used to have one of those but gave it away years ago.

Thanks for the replies! I think I spent half the day on that website. I can't wait to try some of the formulas. I'm especially eager to try the C&E intensive serum. I love the stuff from Skinceuticals, but it runs about $120/ounce. I can make about 3 ounces using Lotioncrafter's formula for much less money.

Also, thanks for attaching the photo of the stick blender. I thought that's what they are but wanted to make sure it wasn't something special for cosmetic/B&B products. Darn it, used to have one of those but gave it away years ago.

Ha Ha ME too!!! I could kick myself...

jump right on in...:yay:...you will be surprised how easy it is to make lotion...in fact it is so easy you won't be buying from the store anymore..

and you can scent it with whatever scent you love..

and the starter kit..is the way to go..it gives you a real good feel for it..without any hassle of measuring all those ingred..

when i bought my kit...and made my first lotion with it..

i almost immediately bought all the ingred..to make my own lotion..

in fact..it was so easy..i went thru and bought almost all the ingred. to make all the different things she has on her formulary...

jump right on in...:yay:...you will be surprised how easy it is to make lotion...in fact it is so easy you won't be buying from the store anymore..

and you can scent it with whatever scent you love..

and the starter kit..is the way to go..it gives you a real good feel for it..without any hassle of measuring all those ingred..

when i bought my kit...and made my first lotion with it..

i almost immediately bought all the ingred..to make my own lotion..

in fact..it was so easy..i went thru and bought almost all the ingred. to make all the different things she has on her formulary...

Do you happen to know what the shelf life would be for her products before you mix and after you mix? I want to buy so much stuff, but since I'm only making products for myself, I don't want the ingredients or mixes to go bad before I can get through them!