Starburst /CSN 7

In a thread I started about trying to burn a pillar to leave a shell, Top asked if I would test a CSN7 so here it is

I used 1 1/2 tsp of stearic

1 oz of heater countryside ( MMMMM)

3 drops of CS liquid dye Kiwi green

poured at 195

cooled under a plastic cooler insert

We decided to try 6 hour burns

leave the wick 1/2 inch

so here it is at start

oh and because I am a computer nerd I am trying to share in video as well( let me know how that works for you:yay:

http://www.box.net/shared/4xcjgp0qo3

post-11200-139458467452_thumb.jpg

Edited by lrbd

I am on 5 hours now and the flame is getting very small and the scent is no where near what I like . I will post the entire 6 hours sometime tonight . One more hour to go to finish the 6 hour test

I really do love following yours and tops palm pillar testing.

Trying to let all this wonderful info sink in and give it a try sometime soon myself.

Great job and thanks for sharing :)

We've been testing the 11's and so far, so good but the throw is not as good as it is with the 12's. What messes us up with the 11 and 12 and burning for a shell, is the wick's bend and if I don't keep a close eye on it. I just really don't want to have to continually mess with the wick so I can get an even burn when I'm wicking to leave a shell. i just don't see customers doing it either. I do think I might even be able to wick down from the 11 to a 9. What made you jump from the 11 to the 7? Do you have any CSN's 9's you can try? I can send you some.

I'm still planning on trying the RRDs but need to order them.

BTW - beautiful candle. Love the color.

Edited by Meridith

I really do love following yours and tops palm pillar testing.

Trying to let all this wonderful info sink in and give it a try sometime soon myself.

Great job and thanks for sharing :)

Thanks I enjoy doing it

What made you jump from the 11 to the 7?/QUOTE]

top had asked if I would mind since he is testing his butt off .

I just really don't want to have to continually mess with the wick so I can get an even burn when I'm wicking to leave a shell/QUOTE]

me either but I am beginning to think it may not be possible. You have to make sure the wick is centered and turn the candle. I don't want to. I think the CSN 12 is the best burn I have gotten so far and the scent was nice as well. I am not ready to throw in the towel yet but close to it. I may have to settle for the candle to consume somewhat.

Should I give up on the CSN7 guys ? I am thinking yes. I have an 11 made that I can start tomorrow .

Edited by lrbd

I wouldn't give up yet. Remember what Stella says burn it to the bottom:yay:

I know but this is weenie

Hey linda did you get more from seeing the video or not

Edited by lrbd