Need advice on Eucalyptus FOs

jonsie

I am an American living in Australia and I don't believe my nose is refined enough to detect a good, true Eucalyptus scent. My Australian friends are requesting Eucalyptus-scented candles so I want to make some for them.

Are there suppliers here in Australia that have a good Eucalyptus FO? If not, I'll gladly order from the U.S. but seems funny to have to do that. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Susan

Edited by jonsie

Hi Susan,

the only Eucalyptus scent I've used is :

Peppermint and Eucalyptus Description:

Invigorating blend with peppermint, patchouli, cedar wood and eucalyptus.

So it's not a 'true' eucalyptus, but I really like it - great as a decongestant for one thing, and certainly invigorating. I'm going to make sure I have some around for winter time in case of colds and flu's :-)

NCS do carry a Eucalyptus EO and the description is this:

Eucalyptus Blue Gum Blue Gum Eucalyptus Essential Oil is the most well known of the Eucalyptus oil varieties, being extracted from a beautiful, fragrant, tall evergreen tree native to Australia and Tasmania.

Blue Gum Eucalyptus Essential Oil is the most well known of the Eucalyptus oil varieties, being extracted from a beautiful, fragrant, tall evergreen tree native to Australia and Tasmania.

Sounds like what you may be after - though you'd probably have to up your pricing as it is an EO not a FO.

Not sure if this helps at all :-)

--

Nadia

Thank you Nadia!

Since I haven't heard anything bad about the scents from my local supplier (ACS) I'll give them a try first. My neighbors happen to be my toughest critics so I'll ask them to give it a test. I'll report their opinions (and even mine, fwiw) of the Eucalyptus FOs and EOs when I get them.