Soylicious Posted March 31, 2010 Report Share Posted March 31, 2010 Hey everyone! I made my second batch of candles today... I made my first batch a few weeks ago and had a few issues.1. Candles developed holes near wicks2. Candle would light, but wick would drown out after about 20 min. OK.. Now, I ordered some larger wicks and here's what I did this time: I bought all my supplies from Candle Science 1. I am using EcoSoya CB Advanced. 2. I am using LX-26 Wicks this time, used LX-22 wicks first time so went 2 sizes larger 3. I am using the watermelon scent oil (YUMMY) and reddi-glow dye chips. 1 Dye chip and 1oz per pound of wax. 4. I am using one of the canning jars I purchased from same company and they measure 3.15" in diameter and 2 canning jars (pics included) I followed the instructions exactly. I heated wax and added dye chips and FO when temp got to 185. I let the wax cool down to 125 this time then poured candles. The temp inside my house was approx 75 degrees when I poured the wax and I let the candles cool on my work surface. This time I got no holes near wicks, and the tops are nice and pretty I will wait until tomorrow night to do a test burn, I'm not as concerned about scent throw right now as I am to just keep the candle burning without the wick drowning out..lol.. These pictures are at about 6 hours after pouring.... So far so good!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.