Wicking 4627 in status jar?

I use eco wicks with this wax. I use 7 oz tumblers (2.75" diameter). My predominant wick is eco 6, some foody vanillas take eco 8 and Lavender and a couple of florals use eco 10.

My thoughts would be that if I were to try that jar, I would probably try eco 8, 10 and 12, in the same way I listed above because I believe that jar is approx 3.25" diameter.

hth,

Eve

• 5 months later...

OK, I'm testing this exact combination now. And I even used HTP 105 wicks. But I'm getting almost no hot throw. The jars don't seem too hot so doesn't seem over-wicked, and burn is great with no sooting as long as I trim the wicks. Good melt pool without being too deep. I admit a very strong possibility of candlenose right now but thought I'd ask you guys about this combination anyway.

I wicked down to HTP 104 and that helped some. But then I got to analyzing this and thought about how I keep my house warmer than most people, and wondered if that means I personally can get away with smaller wicks but then that might be under wicked in a house that is several degrees cooler. Will take a couple testers to a friend's house for her to try out for me. I'm not convinced HTP is the best wick for this wax, even if IGI says it is.

I wicked down to HTP 104 and that helped some. But then I got to analyzing this and thought about how I keep my house warmer than most people, and wondered if that means I personally can get away with smaller wicks but then that might be under wicked in a house that is several degrees cooler. Will take a couple testers to a friend's house for her to try out for me. I'm not convinced HTP is the best wick for this wax, even if IGI says it is.

You are correct and this fact is something most candlemakers completely overlook.

Candles also burn differently in the summer than they do in the winter, regardless of ambient temperature.