Leaving soy to cool off in the Presto Pot

I've bought the Aussie version of the Presto Pot and I'm gonna hunt down the spigot and install myself. But before I melt any wax in my new pot, I wanted to know about excess wax left in the pot. For now I'm working with soy (GW464) and my question is, will it be ok if I leave the extra wax to cool off completely in the pot? I like the convenience of being able to melt large amounts of wax in the pot, but I can't always be sure I'll be able to pour all of it at one time. I also don't want to leave my Presto Pot on if I have to leave, etc.

Thanks,

Susan

Jonsie, I always have a little residual wax left in my presto after I pour, not much, but I add the wax to it the next time I make candles, unless it's been a long time in between making them (a couple days). In that case I add water and soap and heat to wash out. Or melt and put old wax in a coffee can to discard. Wipe out with paper towel. I use a lot of paper towel (should have stock in it).:laugh2:

What can you tell me about the 464? HT? jar adhesion? smooth tops? and did you get your wood wicks yet?

Wish we could buy the Presto pot here (Au) with the spigot already assembled.

May I ask which pot you went for Jonsie and where did you buy it?

I haven't had a chance to go out and have a specific search for one, except I did try K-Mart at one point and couldn't find anything similar.

(I'm in New South Wales :)

I've bought the Aussie version of the Presto Pot and I'm gonna hunt down the spigot and install myself. But before I melt any wax in my new pot, I wanted to know about excess wax left in the pot. For now I'm working with soy (GW464) and my question is, will it be ok if I leave the extra wax to cool off completely in the pot? I like the convenience of being able to melt large amounts of wax in the pot, but I can't always be sure I'll be able to pour all of it at one time. I also don't want to leave my Presto Pot on if I have to leave, etc.

Thanks,

Susan

I have and do leave wax in my PP all the time. Was pouring yesterday,last night turned off, on today but went out to eat so off before I could even get to pouring. Now I don't feel like working so it will go back on again tomorrow...

I leave C3 in mine and it doesn't seem to harm it. Sometimes it's even smoother when remelted. ;)
I have and do leave wax in my PP all the time.
Thanks ladies! That is so helpful to know.
What can you tell me about the 464? HT? jar adhesion? smooth tops? and did you get your wood wicks yet?
464 is about all I've every worked with and here in the warm Perth weather I've had great adhesion, great tops, HT seems good too. My problem has been with air pockets around the wick that cause it to extinguish. I'll try to start another thread about that. As for the Unity wicks, I still haven't gotten them :( Fingers crossed I get them today (Friday morning) otherwise I have to wait til Monday :waiting:
May I ask which pot you went for Jonsie and where did you buy it?
Tribal (below) answered before I did. I got mine at the Good Guys for $70.
Its a sunbeam multi cooker. you can get it at the good guys for about $70 cash normally. I got mine at Casula Nadiap.

Tammy

Thanks Tammy. Did you put a spigot in yours? I was going to head to Bunnings to see if they had anything like what I've seen described here.

In the past 3 years I have always left my wax in my Presto. I have 1 Presto for my container wax and 1 presto for my non-container wax. I put the lids on when I am not using them. I don't have a spigot, I just pour off the side. I am glad to know I am not the only one to keep it in there.