Astorlite J223 Wax !!

I'm afraid there are no specific instructions for a specific wax. The basic instructions are over there, like hawaiisun pointed out(By the way, howdy hawaii :) Different people have different formulas, even with the same supplies. You'll basically just have to start with the basic, then testing to see what works for you..

Thanks, I did see those prior to posting. I did a Yahoo search though and found" TRISTATES" website. They give detailed instructions just for that wax, which is what I needed.. I normally use EZ-SOY. So this is a new VENTURE, just happened to get a free slab of the J223 from someone. Thanks Anyways !! :rockon: santa cool

Here is one also:

Product TypeContainer Candle BlendPropertiesMelt Point:124°FFlash Point:>500°FDescriptionSoft and creamy, this low-shrink blend is designed specifically for container candles.Benefits

• Has excellent adherence to container sides.
  • Holds above average amounts of fragrance oil. Fragrance oil retention of 8-10% is typical.
  • Can generally be used as a single pour wax when poured at 145-155 although occasional topping off may be required.
  • Properly wicked, can achieve a 3.5" plus melt pool.
  • Scent throw is excellent both hot and cold.
  • Very good burn characteristics.
  • Wax is opaque which allows brighter colors with less dye.

General Guidelines

• Heat wax in a double-boiler system to 170°F - 180°F. Add fragrance and dye and stir thoroughly. Then LOWER the pouring temperature to 145°F - 155°F, then pour.
  • Preheat glass containers to allow for better side adhesion.
  • Allow to cool as slowly as possible. Do not place in a water bath or refrigerator to accelerate the cooling process.

Thank you also TESS for your "POLITE RESPONSE" . Goes to show there are specific instructions for certain waxes. Not everybody is trying to get free info!!!! Like I specified in a earlier post . I'm a EZ-SOY user for the past year. And YES I've tested, tested, tested, get the point , so I'm familiar with that wax. And yes their were specific instructions for that wax where I purchased it from. Didn't think it would be any harm asking a simple question. HO HUM !! You can tell it's the holiday season approaching. Anyways THANKS AGAIN to those who were nice enough to help me out. Happy Holidays to you !! santa cool santa razz santa cool santa razz

Thanks Trisha for your polite reply. Appreciate it. santa cool

You are more than welcome. Good luck with your testing. I am also testing J223. It is so hard to find the "perfect" wax. I have had ups and downs with all. Especially wicking. I'm sure all here are the same. That's why this board is such a great place.

TEAM WORK:highfive:

I think there was just a misunderstanding on "instructions" I knew you weren't looking for "candle making instructions" but specific wax instructions. I have been pouring for over 6 years and I know there are different waxes which have to be treated different ways. Good luck with the J223. I love this container wax!! :yay:

Thank you also TESS for your "POLITE RESPONSE" . Goes to show there are specific instructions for certain waxes. Not everybody is trying to get free info!!!! Like I specified in a earlier post . I'm a EZ-SOY user for the past year. And YES I've tested, tested, tested, get the point , so I'm familiar with that wax. And yes their were specific instructions for that wax where I purchased it from. Didn't think it would be any harm asking a simple question. HO HUM !! You can tell it's the holiday season approaching. Anyways THANKS AGAIN to those who were nice enough to help me out. Happy Holidays to you !! santa cool santa razz santa cool santa razz

Every wax has specific instructions from the manufacturer, and it is and always has been free. I think that some were confused as you asked for "candlemaking instructions", and said that you had that wax. There are general candle making instructions off the the left where they were directing you to. I don't think they were trying to be smart with you. So I guess, yes now we get your point. So lighten up, it is the holiday season, and we are all friends here trying to help each other. Happy Holidays to you too santa wink

Every wax has specific instructions from the manufacturer, and it is and always has been free. I think that some were confused as you asked for "candlemaking instructions", and said that you had that wax. There are general candle making instructions off the the left where they were directing you to. I don't think they were trying to be smart with you. So I guess, yes now we get your point. So lighten up, it is the holiday season, and we are all friends here trying to help each other. Happy Holidays to you too santa wink
Yes ! Instructions are free through the companies. One response made it sound like I was trying to get free info from the board itself here. NOT SO !! Since I don't use this wax I needed to find a direction on where to find the " Candlemaking Instructions" for this particular wax since I didn't know what company it came from. Melt points, pouring temperatures are different then EZ-Soy I'm sure. So Yes I can get a little fiesty when I ask a simple question. I've read other threads where people have had the same problem. They ask a question. And WHAM !!! It's a cats meow out there. Have a great HOLIDAY!santa cool

Where would I find PRINTABLE candlemaking instructions ? Using " Astorlite J223 Wax". I've tried doing a search on this board. Thanks ! :cry2:
WOW !! Sorry for all the confusion ! Didn't think this would cause such a RUCKUS. When I started doing EZ SOY a year ago I received directions with it. That's all I wanted was printable directions for this wax since the melt points and pouring temperatures are different for some waxes. :cool:

HEHMOM, please don't get too upset from the answers you get on this board. I know they can somtimes be upsetting, but 9 times out of 10 people are just trying to help. We just all have different personalities and that is what I think makes the world go round. Just my opinion, but how boring would it be if we all said YES to the same thing and SMILED when we were NOT HAPPY;) I also get offended sometimes, but ya know what.......nobody can insult or embarrass you unless you let them. So please feel free to ask anything you want. Plenty of Kind people to help

Aslo keep in mind that this is a "message board" and it is sometimes hard to tell someones "tone" when it is written rather than spoken.

I catch myself sometimes were it could come across as rude depending on your interpretation, but I was just typing with no rudeness implied. Just something to think about. Dont take it personally ;)

Aslo keep in mind that this is a "message board" and it is sometimes hard to tell someones "tone" when it is written rather than spoken.

I catch myself sometimes were it could come across as rude depending on your interpretation, but I was just typing with no rudeness implied. Just something to think about. Dont take it personally ;)

Heh There ! Sorry you took it the wrong way.My earlier response to you TESS was thanking you also in a good way along with Trisha because you were both very polite in your responses in trying to help me. The two of you replied back with the info I was looking for. I appreciated it very much. Thanks! Good to know some people are willing to help out. That's what we're here for. It's a learning experience all the way around. By the way just to give you a hard time who's misinterpeting. Have a good one!! santa wink

Heh There ! Sorry you took it the wrong way.My earlier response to you TESS was thanking you also in a good way along with Trisha because you were both very polite in your responses in trying to help me. The two of you replied back with the info I was looking for. I appreciated it very much. Thanks! Good to know some people are willing to help out. That's what we're here for. It's a learning experience all the way around. By the way just to give you a hard time who's misinterpeting. Have a good one!! santa wink

No I didnt take it the wrong way. I was just speaking in general:cheesy2: (as in regards to upsetting posts)It was mainly an add on to Trishas response.

See what I mean about the tone being confuzzled :P

OBTW you are very welcome too!!

Maybe I just don't know what a "POLITE RESPONSE" is then. When I said there are no specific candlemaking instructions for a specfic wax, I was referring to candlemaking instructions not just information on properties of a wax. If there are any instructions out there that tell you specifically which size/type container, what size/type wick, how much FO to make a great candle, I'd sure appreciate seeing them.

Even guide Tess posted, for candlemaking, it said General Guidelines not specific.

Most any text here(and anywhere, for that matter) is PRINTABLE by highlighting, right click, print, the print selection.

BTW: All info here is "free" as this is a "free" board. Nobody implied anything. We were trying to be helpful, but obviously it was not taken that way.

Whoa HEHMOM!! The Duck wasn't being rude at all. She was simply clarifying that hawaiiansun's post that referred you <-------------------that way, did not include instructions for specific waxes. Don't be so defensive, she was just trying to help.