need a little help with patchouli eo candle

I have a friend that purchased patchouli essential oil to use as a perfume and it is apparently not B&B safe as it makes her break out in a rash. She wants to know if I can make her candles out of this. It would be a container candle using J50 wax in a 16oz mason jar.

I have just a couple of questions as I have never used essential oils.

How long would the oil's scent last in a candle? How long does the eo last in the bottle? What amount of oil would I use per pound of wax? What size wick would I start with? (I have sample packs of LX, RRD, HTP, CD and lots of zinc wicks in many sizes)

TIA for any help...:undecided

The EO should last fine in the bottle, just like an FO. In fact, patch EO gets better and better with age :)

I was never able to successfully wick patch EO, but I would start out somewhere around .3 oz per pound wax, and start with the wick you would use for your heavier FOs, or maybe the next one up. Treat it like a very dense FO.

I have a friend that purchased patchouli essential oil to use as a perfume and it is apparently not B&B safe as it makes her break out in a rash.

Just thought I'd poke in here... Patchouli EO is B&B safe. I use it all the time in soaps, butters, and in my own perfume blend. However, it does need to be diluted with a carrier oil. If she didn't do that it may be the culprit for her rash.