This may be a stupid question

rebeccajo99

I made my first tart a few weeks ago. (I promise to post pics soon). I am still looking for an electric tart warmer to test them out. I found some at Bittercreek that I like, but don't want to buy 1 without having other stuff to order. I like to have a bulk of things to order when I have to pay for shipping.

I was just wondering since I have one of those candle warmer plates and tins if I can start testing scent throw with that and then when I get my tart warmer test to see how they come out of the warmer, or do the 2 things totally melt differently and I would be wasting time and wax doing that?

Also, do you know where I can find an electric tart warmer without paying shipping. I have looked at all the hobby stores and stores that sell home products in my area and I cannot find them. I am losing hope on finding one.:sad2:

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

I made my first tart a few weeks ago. (I promise to post pics soon). I am still looking for an electric tart warmer to test them out. I found some at Bittercreek that I like, but don't want to buy 1 without having other stuff to order. I like to have a bulk of things to order when I have to pay for shipping.

I was just wondering since I have one of those candle warmer plates and tins if I can start testing scent throw with that and then when I get my tart warmer test to see how they come out of the warmer, or do the 2 things totally melt differently and I would be wasting time and wax doing that?

Also, do you know where I can find an electric tart warmer without paying shipping. I have looked at all the hobby stores and stores that sell home products in my area and I cannot find them. I am losing hope on finding one.:sad2:

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

not that I would suggest telling customers to do this... but for personal use I have a battery powered coffee warmer and a 4oz tin sitting on my desk... works just fine for testing throw and so on. I dont sell the warmers, and I only sell tarts when customers request them, so I never got around to buying a warmer either :laugh2:

I discovered that I had a Rival Potourri Crock that was on the bookshelf disguised as a pencil cup :cheesy2:

I plugged it in and it works like a champ. I saw several listed on eBay, and there are several electric warmers under $10 on Amazon.

Hi Rebecca, tart warmers can all vary on how they melt, because they can have different wattage.. this can also make the difference in scent throw..

depending on the wax you are using will depend on how easily the wax comes out once it sets up..

if you have a two piece tart warmer , I have placed the lid in the freezer for just a tiny bit and the wax will pop right out..

I haven't bought any local, only online.. in bulk..

good luck

Diane Mumm

:)