Is there a standard for room size

that a candle should scent? Still testing here and I have been using rooms with doors to test in so far. Our home is pretty open so all I have is 2 bedrooms, an office and 2 baths with doors, I use all of them but 1 bathroom is pretty small. Do you test burn in smaller rooms or just bigger ones? Right now I'm rotating the different scents each test burn but would rather just keep them in one room for each scent.

I'm always amazed at the different results people get from test burns. Some state that they can get a votive to fragrance an entire house and others are able to fragrance the house and down the street. Votive and small diameter candles should fragrance small to medium sized rooms (depending on the type of fo) and larger diameter candles should be able to fragrance several rooms or more (due to larger melt pool). Concentrating a fragrance in a closed room is not realistic for most customer demands. A really great candle (as defined by most customers) is: cheap, pretty, stays lit, lasts a long time and has to be put out because its so strong. Not asking for much, huh? I would open the doors and see how that goes IMHO.

Steve

Size, air flow, furnishings, etc. There is no standard we can apply except in a laboratory setting. I generally test my candles for throw on my front porch (y'all can't do that up north). You simply have to find an area that is appropriate for testing in your own environment.