Gray wax after burn

If I don't color my soy candles, sometimes, some wicks (Eco for one) turn the wax sort of a gray color after burning. I just wondering, for those of you that don't color, if anyone has tried the UV inhib. and if that would stop the change? I know it is not due to UV rays, but wondered if any additivie would help as in some candles the eco do the best for me, but the color they turn is sort of ugly. TIA. Beth

If I don't color my soy candles, sometimes, some wicks (Eco for one) turn the wax sort of a gray color after burning. I just wondering, for those of you that don't color, if anyone has tried the UV inhib. and if that would stop the change? I know it is not due to UV rays, but wondered if any additivie would help as in some candles the eco do the best for me, but the color they turn is sort of ugly. TIA. Beth
I suspect you have limited recourse here. UV inhibitor will do exactly nothing for anything except UV rays. If you were having an oxidation problem there are additives for that but I think it would be related to the FO and not the wick, so that's probably not the answer either. I think all you can hope for is that it's related to wick coating and not the wick itself, in which case you could just try them with a different coating and see if that helps. Northstar sells ECO with beeswax, BCN sells them with some kind of veggie coating, and Candlewic will sell them to you with any coating you want.

I think it might be the FO - I have this same problem with 2 of my FOs. One turns grey and the other gets a lavender tint to it after burning. The one that turns grey is eucalyptus and the one that turns lavender is actually my lavender scent. I tried changing the wicks on the eucalyptus, but no matter what wick I used, I still got this. I just don't let it bother me since the candles still burn nice and the throw is great. :)

Well Beth, that was my conclusion. I even talked to the supplier about the lavender and was told they had not had any reports of the wax changing color. I don't mind it with the lavender since it turns a lavendery color and I thought it was kind of cool. Kind of like a "magic" candle. LOL But I don't like the ugly charcoal gray of the eucalyptus and would have like to have figured it out.