Newbie Intro and ?

jessrw

I would love to start making gel candles. I have been reading alot and doing a lot of research and I am so over whelmed.

What would be the supply list to start off with simple and small gel candles?

Also have been reading alot on how to melt. Not sure if I want to spend the money for Presto.

Any help and suggestions would be great.

Jessica

From Louisiana, married with 2 girls 1 grandson and 1 granddaughter on the way, oh and 2 furbabies. :)

Hi Jessrw! Perhaps starting off with a gel kit to see if you like it and get the feel for Gel Candles. Working with Gel is completely different than regular wax, My very first candle i made many yrs ago was Gel Candle Pies. i loved making them, i got hooked and ventured into learning all about the different gel waxes, what their purpose was etc. etc. it can be a very expensive hobby. here is a site that sells the kits. see if there is something there that tickles your fancy. in the gel section here on the board is alot of excellent tips. Here is the website for the kits.

http://www.brighterscents.com/gelcandlekits.html

Good Luck! :)

Edited by Jean

• 5 months later...

I have not been able to give a try just yet. I still think I will start with a kit when I am able. I do look forward to giving this a try and still try to acquire as much information as possible. I really think once I am able to purchase the kit and make my first one, I will be hooked. :)

Thanks for asking!

No problem jessrw. I know how busy life can be, but you will find time and when you do, look out! hahahaa! A kit sounds like a great way to go because then you have everything you need for low cost to see if you enjoy doing it. If you have any questions I would be happy to answer them here or at my website. I have made quite a few gel candles and it is so much fun.

One more thing, a fun gel candle to make for Halloween is a glass pumpkin jar with orange gel. It gives you experience with scenting and coloring and it is so enjoyable to look at and burn when you are finished. Just a thought! :smiley2:

Jackie

http:jaxxcandles.com